Hello everyone! This is my first post here.

Anyways. I already have an Epiphone special II cheep starter guitar which I have enjoyed, but its time to move on.

I like to play rock mostly on the electric. I don't play jazz, for most other songs the acoustic suits better.

The following are guitars I have been considering

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra-II
Ibanez EGEN8 Herman Li Signature Electric Guitar
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424CM

I like the les paul ultra II because of the 2 outputs

I like the egen8 because it has a decent trem, three pickups(double single double) the custom cuts especially. The cut out that makes it easier to hit the 24th fret.

I like the kramer because of the triple pickups, the trem, and the price.

I need help deciding. Please give me your thoughts feel free to suggest any other electric guitar as well.
Budget? Specific influences/sounds you're going for?

Rock is a huge genre and there's a big difference between $500 and $1000.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Im not at the 1000 dollar range. I just want a good electric 3 pickup guitar with a decent trem that is going to last and Im not gonna have problems with. I want to practice playing most rock songs. Need to get better at the solo's
I'm still learning I can't really answer a question like that. I want to practice most everything. My budget range is up to 800 max I can't afford a 1000 - 3000 dollar guitar yet, and even if I was given one I don't think I would be able to tell the difference. What I am looking for is just a good guitar with whamy that I can continue practicing on for years before its time to upgrade.
PRS SE Either the singlecut or custom may suit you or if not maybe some sort of HSS Strat, i have the Mexican deluxe Lonestar and i love it, for rock and blues it's great. Plus both the PRS and the fender are $200 under budget which is a start to saving up towards a nice amp for yourself which shapes your tone more than the guitar. Hope this helps
Guitars

Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Fender MiM Strat

Amps

Vox VT40+
Marshall MG15CDR

Quote by LeakyFlask
I know how it feels dude, none of my pickguards have guitars.

Personally I'd jump on a good Kramer in that range for 3 p-up stuff, but try them out first.

E: Also, an Ibanez prestige would probably go used for under $800 and if you have some leftover you can switch out the p-ups.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Last edited by Hail at Apr 30, 2011,
Im a die hard LP fan, but I would go with the LP or the Ibanez. The Epi Les Paul Black Beauty is around $800 I think. Its pretty sick and will last you.
Epiphone PR-4E
Epiphone PR150
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
(lol, think I like epis?)
Guitar Center doesn't have Kramers so trying one is out of the question.

The only thing I don't like about les pauls is no whamy.
epi sherraton 2 is what i would tell you to get awesome guitar it can do everything i have even got mine to sound strat-ish when nessiscary