Page 1 of 2
Say, do you talk to yourself when you think, is it a series of ideas flowing through your brain, or do you talk to those cute little guys on your shoulder?

As for me, I personify the other parts of my brain(like the rational side of me) and have conversations with them. It's a pretty good way to find things from different viewpoints(even if they are all my own).

So Pit, how does your thought process work?
Sometimes talk to myself, other times ideas flowing.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
I overthink everything. I just get a sudden surge of ideas, lay them out neatly, and anticipate any possible consequence. Then i just ignore myself and do what i want.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
When i'm thinking unintentionally then it's a conversation with myself, but not usually the two little. If i'm trying to think it's usually just strings of thought, with an occasional yes or no in response to my thoughts.
I also overthink everything; it is often just a surge of ideas. If I start to think more deeply, everything gets serperated into four voices, each being a different version of me.

I'm also constantly fighting myself in my head.
I spend all my free time thinking of opposing ideological stances to mine, be they politics, religion, philosophy, music, etc.. Then I think of different arguments people may have against me, and I think of counter-arguments.
Quote by due 07
I spend all my free time thinking of opposing ideological stances to mine, be they politics, religion, philosophy, music, etc.. Then I think of different arguments people may have against me, and I think of counter-arguments.

This
RIP Gooze

cats
Me no think.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I have Morgan Freeman's voice in my head whenever I think of things.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by due 07

This too, but as we all know, I don't actually know anything about politics, and I'm self-aware of this. After that, I'm too stupid to form a counter argument (even if every lie I've been told is true) , hence the fighting between my four voices.

Occasionally I will just stop thinking, which is something I should do more often.
It's sort of like having a conversation with myself, except for that I don't always agree to myself. My rational side will have a different view than my impulse side, etc.
I either act out of impulse or common sense, or talk to myself out loud when im deciding things.
I think in terms of detailed hypothetical situations. Almost like a day dream. Any problems with my argument come to me from other characters or situational circumstances, until I think I've thought of everything. This for political arguments, relationships of any kind, and even doing physical things.
I like to run an inner monologue, except when I see a hot girl, then it switches to Sean Connery making dirty comments.
My mind is pretty awesome.
I do have a bad habit of constantly thinking about how many ways I can be killed during a particular situation, ranging from believable to insane.
I'm also obsessive compulsive so I count my steps a lot.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Last edited by Lots O' FX at Apr 30, 2011,
Quote by C3g6m4
who actually thinks nowadays?

What is this thinking you speak of?
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
one thing i always think which kind of scares me is when i see people i just think, what if i stabbed them right in the throat? creeps me out.
Quote by killboypowerhed
one thing i always think which kind of scares me is when i see people i just think, what if i stabbed them right in the throat? creeps me out.

Quote by Lots O' FX

I'm also obsessive compulsive so I count my steps a lot.

i did that shit for 2 years... i always caught myself counting when i walked.

i eventually stopped tho
Quote by killboypowerhed

Sometimes I'll think of that and ask someone nearby, "Did it ever occur to you that I could grab that knife and kill everyone in the house? No one would even know it was happening until it was too late."
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by the_wassel
I think in images.

Out of curiosity: Do you think in images you've seen, images you see as rationally possible, or just random visualizer-like images or something? I'm a word-thinker, so I have no clue.
mines like, constant chatter.
its like, the whimsical me vs. the logical me.

I'll be thinking like.
"blahblahblah that be so great and funnnn!"
and then the other me will be all "wow you ****ing stupid dumb****, because THATS going to work"
like, I insult the bejesus out of myself xD
Quote by due 07
Out of curiosity: Do you think in images you've seen, images you see as rationally possible, or just random visualizer-like images or something? I'm a word-thinker, so I have no clue.

Yes.

It really depends on the context though.

Somehow, everything gets linked together.
" talking to myself because I am my own consultant
Married to the money, fuck the world, that’s adultery"

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by the_wassel
Yes.

It really depends on the context though.

Somehow, everything gets linked together.

Coolio. Speaking of thinking, I read the wiki page about The Absurd during school today. Shit was interesting cash.
Quote by due 07
Coolio. Speaking of thinking, I read the wiki page about The Absurd during school today. Shit was interesting cash.

I went on a psychotic rant on my Old Man and the Sea test about the Absurd. We had to do an allegorical analysis on it and I related everything to the Absurd.

I didn't think my teacher was going to get it.

I ended up getting a one hundred.
it's usually just a mashup of everything going through my mind, and i can't really make sense of anything. or when i have something particular on my mind, like a specific thought or memory, it plays through my head constantly and makes it very difficult to concentrate on anything else.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I can't desribe it. Sometimes I am acutely telling myself to do things whilst others my head just swims with.. I don't know what to call them.. Thoughts? Information?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by killboypowerhed

Had that thought. Or what if I just slammed their head right into the concrete.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I mostly think in scenario's, sounds n colours or similar to live commentary for a documentary. Yeah, maybe that's the best way to describe it.

"He's going to the lounge, but when he shall discover there's a bear in the bath... Panic ensues."

EDIT: ^I had those thoughts when I was like.. 12. Now I only have em when I hate that person
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
My thoughts often include visual pictures if I am thinking hard enough about something. I get kinda lost in them sometimes like a "day dreamer."
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

My thoughts are floating italicized words like a commentary. Sometimes I see images, but that's very rare.

Also I go on tangents a lot.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Apr 30, 2011,
Yeah just talk to myself frantically.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
My thought process is pretty aggressive: once I am on a topic, I will uncontrollably go through every relevant piece of information to do with that topic until I go on a tangent and think of relevant info on the tangent. I often do this with no stopping and extremely quickly, and I can't control it. Somehow though, I get good ideas out of it, so meh

I'm weird.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 30, 2011,
I think words in my head when it is not appropriate to say them out loud. If I'm thinking about a concept I'm trying to grasp, I imagine myself as a teacher trying to explain the concept to a group of children (ages 5-8), all of whom have separate, persistent personalities and make very good questions. If possible, I speak both the parts of teacher and students out loud.

Occasionally, my inner voice speaks in an accent, and if I'm talking to myself, I almost always give separate facets of my personality separate voices and mannerisms.

My thought processes are quite involved.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
I find myself talking to myself as if I'm a completely separate person. Most of time though, I get an idea, and create 3 plot lines. One is a fantasy, the other is the worse that could happen, and the other is what would realistically happen.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Page 1 of 2