Hi everyone,
So basically I have a mahogany body blank, with only the neck pocket routed. I have bought a strat neck, two seymour duncan humbuckers (neck and bridge), and a strat single coil in the middle. My potential problem is that I also bought a gotoh modern tune o matic bridge. Now I am very confused, because I just read something about tune o matic bridges not working with strat necks. Just to clarify, I this true? I'm now thinking I may have to sell the gotoh and by a hardtail. If I was to do this, would everything else in the line work? (is the string spacing on strat and Seymour Duncan humbuckers different, or something else?)

Thanks
Gear:
Admira Artista classical guitar
$99 Steel string (actually quite good!)
COMING SOON... FREAK MAHOGANY TELE!
I don't see why it wouldn't work - doesn't make sense to me. Maybe somebody can explain the logicz behind this?
Where's Waldo?
You can either recess the bridge or add a neck angle with shims (personally I'd make a good wooden shim, by gluing a thin piece of maple to the neck heel and planing the angle into that rather than using small wooden/paper shims)

Here's what I'm talking about when I say recess the bridge; you route a small channel for the bridge to lower into, rather than having it protrude from the top.
Also consider string spacing with fender necks and pups allowing for a wider spacing than the tune-o-matic. You probably won't have any problem with that though..

On a side note that's damn sexy, what is that? ^
This bridge recess thing sounds pretty good to me. How deep must I go?
And that's all involved? Just a little hole for the bridge to sit in?
Gear:
And yes that is a fantastic looking guitar you have there!
Gear:
Not mine, thank google images for that

How deep you go depends on the height of the bridge. You can work it out roughly by sitting the bridge in position, with the neck attached. Get a long straight edge (a ruler works great!) and sit it across the nut and saddle, so you can see roughly where the strings would sit, which will be pretty high off the fretboard.
The gap at the last fret is roughly how deep the bridge will need to be recessed.