...and possibly a slightly long review. Maybe

After humming and ha-ing for many hours and under pressure (I was only in the city for a few days trying this bad boy out) I finally pulled the trigger and got a brand new amp and cab. An Engl Gigmaster 15 and Blackstar HTV-212 cab. And for what I had before, a crappy Traynor DG30D, this thing is sex. (sorry for large pic)

On the Engl, left to right, the controls are as follows: Input gain, lead drive, bass, mid, treble, lead volume, mid boost (awesome), lead clean, which isn't really clean at all, at least for what I use it for, which is the br00tz. I use the not-lead, (so the 1st channel?) for cleaner stuff.

With the push of a button on the amp (or on the footswitch I got as well I can go from really warm, like that nice warm feeling when you discover your car has seat warmers in them, to a very nice natural tube distortion great for everything metal.

Its also got a very useful power-soak feature so you can go from 15 watts (used when parents/neighbours aren't home/ gigs) to 5 watts or even 1 watt (when everyone else is home).

One of my few quips with this amp is that the 1 watt setting is mediocre at best, but maybe I haven't found the right EQ for it, and after playing $900 for this head, I don't want mediocre. Along with the power-soak, there is a speaker defeat setting used for recording, which is nice.

This amp alone has made me want to get more into lead-work, and I have already within a few days of playing through this rig made a couple songs which only have to be fleshed out. I would put up clips, but the mic in my laptop is garbage, I doubt I will be able to use the amp to the best of its abilities, and I'm lazy.

I don't have much to say about the cab, because I've never had one before and don't know what is "good" or "bad" in a cab, but its pretty damn loud, loud enough for any kind of practicing and any kind of gigging in my town (though I'd probably be mic'd anyways). Its a tad heavy at 50-some pounds, but its better than having to carry a 4x12, so not complaining.

Regardless, I'll be using this setup for a long time to come. Surprisingly she's very versatile, and will be used in most situations.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I saw 50 lbs and I was like =O
then I realized you were talking about the cab

HNGD Man! Looks sexy and I bet it plays as well also

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Hey man, did you get that from quest musique? lol
I'm sure it sounds sweet. Though that's pretty expensive, I always look at the smaller engls and am surprised by their price.
god damn.....another amp i CANT buy
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
HNAD! I love 212 cabs. My 212 recto cab is a heavy beast too. Last time I took it out of my basement I tweaked my back, and was in pain for like 2 weeks. Can only imagine what a bitch it would be to move one of their 412's.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Yeah I got it from Quest Musique.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Confrabulations. These things have a lot of gain to them. Considering ENGL were aiming the amp for the blues rockerz, it has tonnes on tap for the metal headz, too.
Very nice. I'm looking forward to trying that amp. :sienfeld:
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Aw man thats nice. Im hoping to be able to treat myself to an Engl amp this Christmas.
That being said, need sound test nao !
Happy NAD!

Quest is the best shop in town IMO - did you watch the video review they did of it before you got it? it sounds killer.
My Gear:
Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe
Epi Les Paul Special Plus
Seagull S6 Original
Pitchblack>Tubescreamer>Xotic AC Booster

My Band - A Waste Odyssey
Nope, didn't watch the review until I tried it our myself. Sounded awesome for the short time I had with it.

Now I'm GASing for an 8 string.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Oh how cute, it's an Engl puppy.

HNAD.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thanx for the GAS!!!!! HNAD ive gotta check one out!!
Quote by gregs1020
Very nice. I'm looking forward to trying that amp. :sienfeld:

i just got that seinfeld part

I was wondering if someone would recognize the cheers cast
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan