Hey guys
Getting really bored listening to my old stuff. I need to update my iPod and need some help. Im a big hard rock fan, love GnR, Whitesnake, Purple etc. as well as newer hard rock outfits like Airbourne and the Answer. Despite being a hard rock buff, Porcupine Tree is my favourite band as well as any Steven Wilson associated act. Don't mind any old bands which I haven't given a listen to, any new bands or even some underground stuff. Thanks a lot.
try panic at the disco- the ballad of mona lisa
artic monkeys- dont sit down cause i moved your chair
disturbed- land of confusion
bowling for soup-saturday
Check out Wolfmother. They rock pretty hard, and their 2nd album, Cosmic Egg is pretty good. Also, Priestess is a kickass band, their album Hello Master rocks very hard. Also, The Sword is something I really dig.

If you want some of the Prog sound, then check out Pagan's Mind - their albums Celestial Entrance and The God Equation are both really good.

Hope you'll find some of these good if you aren't already aware of them!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
A couple new bands you might like Cauldron Enforcer White Wizzard people call them "new wave of traditional heavy metal"
Sounds like? - "A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN WHAT YOU"RE LISTENING TO ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW!"
- Steel Panther
Quote by LightninStrikes
A couple new bands you might like Cauldron Enforcer White Wizzard people call them "new wave of traditional heavy metal"

I forgot about white wizzard. They kick ass
Try giving Opeth a listen. I suggest Blackwater Park or Still Life
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Special C-7 FR
Peavey Vyper 60W Tube
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Quote by HaistaPaska92
I forgot about white wizzard. They kick ass

To be honest White Wizzard is my least favorite of the three that I put up, i just didn't really care for their first album don't get me wrong it was a good album it just wasn't my favorite. Although their second album is an almost completely different band. After the first album Jon Leon (the bassist) fired everyone and basically formed a new White Wizzard, and the old members formed a band called Holy Grail.

edit: Just listened to some new White Wizzard like it much more than the original incarnation.
Sounds like? - "A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN WHAT YOU"RE LISTENING TO ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW!"
- Steel Panther
Last edited by LightninStrikes at May 2, 2011,
Newer Bands: Vains of Jenna, The Darkness, Wolfmother, White Stripes(i know they're kind of indy but they have some nice hard rock songs) maybe even chickenfoot. Older band you might not of heard of: Montrose, Sammy Hagar sang for them before he went solo.