Hey there, currently I'm using a Jackson Kelly JS32T along with a Line 6 Uber Metal pedal. I'm looking to get an Overdrive pedal to boost my tone for solos and other lead sections. My enquiry is, what pedal would do a good job for what I'm looking for? Something that's cheap and does a decent job would do. I've been looking at pedals like a Boss OD-3 and an Ibanez TS-7 but I wanna know if there's other pedals out there that can serve the purpose better. Anyone who can help me, do assist me in my search. And many thanks in advanced
I had the same problem.

I tried a few ODs but really like the tone on my amp alone.

So I went with an EQ in the effects loops and it works wonders for a nice boost on solos. Vey little tweaking gives you a nice volume boost and cuts through the mix nicely.
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
Hey thanks for replying. What EQ pedal are you using? I tried a Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick for me. I know it's a cheap pedal and whatnot but all my friends have been recommending me OD pedals, hence why I'm looking into them now
if you want an OD pedal get an ibanez tubescreamer, no idea about eq pedals though tbh
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
An overdrive pedal isnt going to boost your volume for solos. It'll just add noise onto your sound especially with a line 6 uber metal
Quote by zamir666
Hey thanks for replying. What EQ pedal are you using? I tried a Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick for me. I know it's a cheap pedal and whatnot but all my friends have been recommending me OD pedals, hence why I'm looking into them now

I have the MXR 6 band.
Worth every penny. And its cheap. I think I paid around 69.00
Quote by coolstoryangus
An overdrive pedal isnt going to boost your volume for solos. It'll just add noise onto your sound especially with a line 6 uber metal

listen to this man
Quote by coolstoryangus

So do you suggest I go with an EQ pedal instead?
Quote by zamir666
At the moment I'd say no. I just hook up my guitar to my Uber Metal and straight into any amp those jamming spaces or gig venues supply me with. What EQ pedals would you recommend?

I would recommend the MXR 10-band EQ f you can.
I have the MXR 6-band and it works great, but I kinda wish I went with the 10 band for more frequency choices to mess with. It even has a slider just for volume.
At the time I was just expierementing, like you are trying to find a good solo boost.
Actually I think the MXR 6 band is one of the cheaper ones out there, besides the fish and chips.
Quote by TornUp
Actually I think the MXR 6 band is one of the cheaper ones out there, besides the fish and chips.

and the fish and chips is kinda the same features...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
what amp are all these pedals going into?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
what amp are all these pedals going into?

i think a marshall AVT 50
or a Vox AD30VT

amirite?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
At home I use either a Vox AD30VT or a Marshall AVT50. But when I'm outside, like I mentioned earlier, I use any amps jamming studios or gig venues provide me with. Most of the time they're Marshall amps
Quote by Duv
Boost pedal or use your volume knob on your guitar to roll up a bit when you want to solo.

What Boost pedal to be specific? And doing that whole adjust the volume knob bit is too much of a hassle for me since I'm a vocalist/guitarist