Do any of you have a particularly close relationship with a particular guitar...maybe even a friendship even?

I can't help but think it would be immensely beneficial to bond with your guitar in such a way. BB King seems to have such a relationship with his guitar.

Anyway, comment on relationships you might have with your instruments?
Going to see BB King in two months

I would bollock anyone who decided to mistreat my guitar. And it they maliciously broke it or damaged it, I'd put their head up their ass.
Well, I finger her all the time..
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Every gig I've played, I've played with my Carvin Bolt-T.
We've been through a lot, but I can't say there's any real strong bond, I have much more of a bond with my gear than some people I know have with their's though.
I clean her and lube her up real nice. That's about it
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I would bollock anyone who decided to mistreat my guitar. And it they maliciously broke it or damaged it, I'd put their head up their ass

This.

Take a look at Steve Vai's expression when he plays guitar, i swear he makes love with it... in fact, he orgasms at 3:42 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw74sDWPH7U
Periphery, love that shit!
i have to play both my gibsons every day. i don't know why, i just can't not play them. i get really hung up about it if it starts to get late and i haven't played them both yet on any particular day
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
While I was playing i decided to take a rest. Didn't put my Rhoads down so i left it on my lap. It somehow slipped and the middle of the V struck my desk (foot of my desk). There's a small dent...not to noticeable, you ahve to look for it. But it's not small to me, it looks like the size of Jupiter
it gives me blowjobs regularly.
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
I dont have one with mine, I get through them too quickly.

I mean even my Explorer, I played every gig ever with it, but I cant say I have any feelings towards it, the only reason I have kept it is because it was a gift.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
My flying v and I have been married for 1 1/2 years, but I'm having an affair with my epi goldtop...
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
i love both of my guitars

i baby them and have been on occasion been caught before shows stroking and giving them pep talks it gives me peice of mind thinking that if the guitar is happy it wont screw up in any of my gigs
i keep each of them as back ups but to this day ive never had to switch becasue of malfunction only for different tones
weve been throught alot toghether
My ESP and I have a love connection
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Yeah me and my girl got a relashionship. I love her so bad, but she treats me like shit.

I absolutely baby my carvin. Definitely have a serious connection with that guitar. I'd never dream of selling it. If it were to get damaged I think I might literally cry.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I call her Rosie.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
I hate that bastard. Its a piece of shit and I wanna beat it on a daily basis. But I would never get rid of it, ever. Same deal with my sister, uknowatimsayin?
Friends with benefits, pedals as sex toys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep34hqAsPYA&feature=related

8:20 onwards, especially the bit about first thing you see when you wake up. My guitars are the first thing I see every day.
Last edited by Duv at Apr 30, 2011,
I treat my Jackson like a living thing. Like when we have been travelling together (which is a lot) I let her stay out of her case for a fews days on a stand like it more comfortable =P.

And on the tube I am always more careful that my guitar has good room than myself.

I try to get her a seat on the train if I can. But if its busy she sits at my feet. No lougage compartment.

I dont keep her really polished though.

I heard that when Dan Spitz guitar was damaged in a fire he really grieved for it.
Last edited by jkielq91 at Apr 30, 2011,
I'd give away my wife and dogs (in that order) before I gave away any guitars.
My fender acoustic and I broke up,actually he did.Bec he reminds me of my ex.
Now I have my Takamine,with my Takamine endless hours of fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------these are ants--------

when love and hate collide
Last edited by maimelody at Apr 30, 2011,
my squier tele is my best friend, my first guitar and the best playing and sounding guitar i own, sure she's ugly but looks are only skin deep and it's beautiful on the inside. my sister dropped her once and sheared one of the tuning heads right off, i still have trouble looking her in the eye. in short, my tele is essentially my wife but at the newlyweds stage where you're still in love with her
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
I'd brutally maul anyone who touched my ML, and I'm very protective of her, but I'm a bit ill-tempered as is. And if I was ever offered a trade for her for some Kahler-equipped V, I'd take the V.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I let most of my friends mess around on my RG120 and RG2EX1... but all but a few of my good guitarist friends can touch my S2170FB Prestige haha... I have a connection with it... it's actually sitting in my lap right now as I type this... =P
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Duv

I love this link. Duv, I can not convey my gratitude.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at Apr 30, 2011,
Like a couple with severe violence problems, i hurt her and she hurts me back, she's made me shed blood several times.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

It's just an instrument.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
I can't get used to the idea of selling any, but I have too many, says my wife.