ive got to do a short article for physics (its due in on tuesday, and ive left it typically last minute) on 'a topic of current interest in physics'. the article isnt going to take me long to do, i just cant think of anything to write it on

so Pit, any ideas?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Perpetual motion through the application of portals.

Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

waves along a string, just done a whole topic about it and you can go into a suprising amount of detail. but personaly id go with Blayney's idea - portals kick ass
Solar sails are awesome
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
The FEM.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Impress your prof/teacher with a good essay about the god particle, what it is, how we are attempting to find it and how close researchers have gotten to it.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Look into Quantum Physics. Specifically storing data within the spin of an electron.

Edit: Actually i don't know if that falls under Quantum. It may be Particle.
It kinda borders both.

It's called Spintronics Really imaginitive name. I know Ohio state and Leeds University in the UK are working on it atm.
Last edited by SG_dave at Apr 30, 2011,
Quote by SG_dave
Look into Quantum Physics. Specifically storing data within the spin of an electron.

Edit: Actually i don't know if that falls under Quantum. It may be Particle.
It kinda borders both.

It's called Spintronics Really imaginitive name. I know Ohio state and Leeds University in the UK are working on it atm.

im currently at Leeds, so if i did that and got anything wrong it may be a bit obvious, and i may have to cite articles written by my professors as sources :P
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Quote by br33dlove
Finding the Higgs Boson is the largest interest in physics atm.

+1
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I'd suggest not doing any particles stuff, it's all massively speculative - we do a whole module on it in IB and it's just like "there may be strings, there may not.", but maybe I'm just too grounded in the observable (being a chemist)

Something about energy or nuclear reactors would be cool.. I did a load of stuff about the composition of nuclear control rods which was pretty interesting
lol@u
Quote by thrash-it-up
im currently at Leeds, so if i did that and got anything wrong it may be a bit obvious, and i may have to cite articles written by my professors as sources :P

Ah right, i didn't know you were at Leeds. I'm hoping to go there next year for Physics, that's how I heard about this. Prof Oudamaijer mentioned it at the interview.
go the controversial route and do timeless physics and machian dynamics
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Blues_King431
I'd suggest not doing any particles stuff, it's all massively speculative - we do a whole module on it in IB and it's just like "there may be strings, there may not.", but maybe I'm just too grounded in the observable (being a chemist)

Something about energy or nuclear reactors would be cool.. I did a load of stuff about the composition of nuclear control rods which was pretty interesting

you do theoretical physics in ib?

I wish i had that option. I had a year of Biology SL and that was it. goddamnit.

art HL was pretty fun though. and good luck on your tests!
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking