i have £500 to spend on some pedals
this is what i need ...
reverb, flanger, chorus, tuner, wah

what pedals would you lot recomend ? Xx
is the rest of your rig good?

Because unless pedals are integral to your sound (in which case, by all means go for it), that's an awful lot to spend on pedals unless the rest of your rig kicks ass.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah ino what you mean mate thats the problem i haven't got myself a decent tube amp yet. i can't get that much money together :S i have the boss me 70 at the moment and thats getting me by with a roland cube and a epiphone les paul custom aha the problem is my band is starting to get abit serious about getting signed and shit so i need a better sound if you get me :/

are there any budget tube amps you would recomend ? Xx
what type(s) of music do you play?

you can certainly get tube amps for your budget (as long as you don't need like 10 pedals too, lol), but they might not be aimed at what you want to play.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its abit like a fusion of oasis and thin lizzy .. probably abit more of a classic rock sound Xx
To be honest, I'd say your best bet is to get a new amp with that money and use your Boss ME-70 until you can afford the individual units.

That's similar to what I did (but replace the ME-70 for an ME-50 and a less demanding need for the individual units, my pedalboard is only like 5 pedals, and three of them are ODs/Distortions).

For a classic rock sound with £500, you have quite a large variety available if you go used.

You could probably get something like a Laney AOR or GH50 for that price which would be perfect for that sound.

You could also probably find an alright used Marshall, I'm not a big Marshall fan, but they are good for classic rock.

I hear good things about Blackstar amps too, I think for £500 you can get a decent 40 watt Valve amp from Blackstar.

This is all off the top of my head so excuse any faulty information!
^ +1 (though the blackstars in that price range are hybrids).

If you're willing to buy online from germany, the traynor ycv50b would be a very good idea. That'd still leave you ~£100 or so for a pedal or two. and then use your multi-fx to cover the other fx you need until you have enough cash to get all the standalone pedals you need.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ +1 (though the blackstars in that price range are hybrids).

If you're willing to buy online from germany, the traynor ycv50b would be a very good idea. That'd still leave you ~£100 or so for a pedal or two. and then use your multi-fx to cover the other fx you need until you have enough cash to get all the standalone pedals you need.

Ah, that's one thing I didn't know about the blackstars!

I just took a quick look around ebay, there's a surprising lack of Laney AORs on there.

But loads of the mid-range Marshalls going for around £300.
No Laney GH50s on there which would allow you money for a cab and some more pedals though.

I think it'll be a case of finding out what you want from an amp, get some options open then scour ebay vigorously til you find a good deal so you can still fulfil some of your pedal needs.
Check out the Ibanez AF-2 flanger. If you like it, PM me. I've got one I'm trying to part ways with.

Also a wah, coincidentally (RMC5).

As far as chorus, on a budget, I like MXR's stuff, the stereo chorus is a good box for the cash. Tuner: GFS makes a good one for a great price. Verb: Don't cheap out on a verb, it'll kill your tone, look at the Dr Sci Radical Red Reverberator, WET Reverb, ect.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by callumhignett
i have £500 to spend on some pedals
this is what i need ...
reverb, flanger, chorus, tuner, wah

what pedals would you lot recomend ? Xx

The only one that's essential for gigging is the tuner - the Korg Pitchblack is solid choice.

For gigging the most important thing is a decent amp, you can't always count on there being a decent PA so you need something that's loud enough to handle a small venue unmic'd as well as the obvious fact that it needs to be reliable and also capable of giving you the sound you want. Also a decent amp will often have a good onboard reverb, saving you a fair whack as decent reverb pedals are usually at least £150.

Boss get a lot of stick but I quite like their chorus pedals, or you could go for an EHX Small Clone. For a wah you really want a Vox IMO for the stuff you play, or a Crybaby 535Q...NOT the bobbins original!

Dunno much about flangers, don't think they're all that important
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com