Hi,
I currently have a Epiphone Les Paul Standard that i play on my 30watt Line 6 spyderIII amp. I am looking to upgrade my guitar this summer because my playign ability has increased alot over the past almost 2 years and I would like to upgrade to a more higher quality instrument with better sound (obviously). I play anything from Rock to Hardcore, Post-hardcore, Screamo, Ska, Reggae,Metal etc. I was thinking about a Schecter (from the one i played i liked the sound), a LTD, or even possibly a PRS. Any suggestions about a good guitar to upgrade to for this kind of music? Almost forgot I would also like to get a multi-effects pedal that i could change from distortion to clean tone on and have another pedal to do effects with whats that called and how much are they?

Thanks,BRIZ
Depends on what you want to spend, but your best just trying guitars if you dont really know what you like.

As for pedals, you could get some but imo id get a different amp first, you will get a better sound that way.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple
Depends on what you want to spend, but your best just trying guitars if you dont really know what you like.

As for pedals, you could get some but imo id get a different amp first, you will get a better sound that way.

I'm looking to spend no more than 1,000 and what kind of amp should i be looking at then?
I would say a new amp first. I have an Epi LP standard and it sounds amazing through a reasonably good amp.

if you're ready to drop a grand on an amp, you have alot of choices. a couple really good ones would be:

-Peavey Valeking Head + Windsor 4x12 cab- big, loud and very respectable cleans and distortions for the money. To save a bit of money, a valveking 2x12 would be a solid choice too. These are easy to find cheap (my bro just picked up a new head for $450)
-Blackstar HT Club 40- brilliant amp and very affordable
-Bogner alchemist 1x12- good tone, nice and loud, reasonable price

all the amps I listed above are tube amps. for most genres of music, a tube amp will give you a better tone and better feel. all three of these amps are capable of producing anything from super clean to fairly good metal tones (I have spent some time playing with all three, been helping my brother get a bigger gigging amp)
Quote by krehzeekid
I would say a new amp first. I have an Epi LP standard and it sounds amazing through a reasonably good amp.

if you're ready to drop a grand on an amp, you have alot of choices. a couple really good ones would be:

-Peavey Valeking Head + Windsor 4x12 cab- big, loud and very respectable cleans and distortions for the money. To save a bit of money, a valveking 2x12 would be a solid choice too. These are easy to find cheap (my bro just picked up a new head for $450)
-Blackstar HT Club 40- brilliant amp and very affordable
-Bogner alchemist 1x12- good tone, nice and loud, reasonable price

all the amps I listed above are tube amps. for most genres of music, a tube amp will give you a better tone and better feel. all three of these amps are capable of producing anything from super clean to fairly good metal tones (I have spent some time playing with all three, been helping my brother get a bigger gigging amp)

alright thanks fro the input i'll be sure to check them out