i got my dean razorback with a licensed floyd rose about a month ago. this is my 2nd guitar (big step up from a fender squier, you think? haha) and i have no experience with a floyd rose. my guitar teacher told me how to tune it. something like first loosen the locking nut, then the fine tuners, then tune it at the head, tighten locking nut, then use fine tuners. i dont know if i remembered right though.

and i learned that when tuning with the fine tuners, it has to be done multiple times. since i got it about a month ago, it hasnt gone out of tune. only just very slightly and i used the fine tuners a little bit.

i want to tune it two steps down to standard c (C F A#D#G C).

my question is when i do this, will it make the guitar go out of tune more easily, or mess up the height of the bridge? or any other complicated thing that i dont know how to do (where if i tried to fix it i would more likely end up breaking something) that would cost lots of money (which i dont have because i spent it all on the guitar) to professionally fix?
If the guitar is set up for E Standard, which it probably is, then going down to C Standard will mean you'll need to loosen the springs in the back a bit. If you also switch to a thicker gauge string for the lower tuning then you won't have to reduce the spring tension quite so much but you will also need to raise the action very slightly. You'll need to take the bridge out for that, raising the bridge posts with the Floyd still on it grinds down the knife edges and then it won't stay in tune.
Yeah, it actually is going to be somewhat of a process for you. But if you love C-standard tuning and really want YOur One guitar to be in standard without the option to change back, then it's worth it for you.
Thicker stings, maybe add a spring or two in the back, change the action.
Quote by grohl1987
If the guitar is set up for E Standard, which it probably is, then going down to C Standard will mean you'll need to loosen the springs in the back a bit. If you also switch to a thicker gauge string for the lower tuning then you won't have to reduce the spring tension quite so much but you will also need to raise the action very slightly. You'll need to take the bridge out for that, raising the bridge posts with the Floyd still on it grinds down the knife edges and then it won't stay in tune.

wow. i dont know how to do any of that. sounds like a nightmare. if i tried to do that, id probably end up breaking something quickly. i guess ill bring it back to where i bought it and have them do it. i bought it recently so i think they wont charge me.

also, i think the strings are 10s not sure though