When I play power chords in drop d with my ring finger I can't seem to put enough pressure on all of the strings, I have to press extremely hard to get the second string to stop buzzing. This is a problem that occurs mostly on the higher frets (starting at about 10)
try a lower action. i play on a ibanez and i dont need any presure at all with my action set as is to play stuff with ring finger
Quote by bass94
try a lower action. i play on a ibanez and i dont need any presure at all with my action set as is to play stuff with ring finger

How low is your action? I don't want to put my action too low because then my strings might buzz even more lol
Try to press them down with your finger slightly tilted to the side. The buzzing may occur simply because the A string is being pressed down with a soft part of your finger and requires more pressure to sound clear. Does the buzzing occur only on the fret you're pressing down on? If it's all over the place the action may be too low. Also are you a new player? If so, it may just be about developing strength in your fingers. The best thing to do would be to look up simple tutorials on how to adjust your guitar or let the guys at your local guitar shop do it. Especially if it's a new guitar. They're never adjusted correctly.
Last edited by Itsooz at Apr 30, 2011,
No I've been playing for about a year now but I just now noticed this problem.. And it's just on the fret not all around