Alright guys, this is some serious business. I bring to you: The Peavey Mark VIII.

I'm not even sure how many watts this thing packs, but man, it's loud. Loud as all hell. It sits on top of a Peavey 215D. Its a pretty old rig, and I got it for $200 USD. If you all would like, I can get more pictures later. I still havent sat down with it, but it sounds brootal, ill post more information later.

Its made in the U.S.A, so judging by the amount of praise that US made things get here, i'd say that's a good thing. I got it for a total steal.
pinga
Last edited by Cb4rabid at Apr 30, 2011,
Its 350w @ 4 ohms, and 600w @ 2 ohms.

HNAD! You got a great deal on a great rig there! What say you about Behringer now?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
very nice.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Tostitos
Its 350w @ 4 ohms, and 600w @ 2 ohms.

HNAD! You got a great deal on a great rig there! What say you about Behringer now?

Thanks

As far as Behringer goes, i'll miss the *little* thing, but it was definitely outplayed in every aspect. Im almost glad it started crapping out on me, I would've never gotten this good of a deal on a full stack

edit: Edited the OP.
pinga
So, after playing it for a bit now, I can say a few more things. It was some serious deep low end, I swear I barely set it up that loud and everything in my house shakes. It sounds alot better than my previous amp, and it actually forces me to play better because it picks up every little nuance better and it sounds clearer.

The harmonics are clean, lows are tighter and mids are more pronounced. Oh and, did I mention it was loud? Shit, this thing is loud. I cant even imagine me ever needing the full capacity of this amp. I cranked it and my dad who was outside heard it.

In a nutshell, im going to love pissing my neighbor off even more now
pinga
qaulity rig.I'm strictly a tube guy,but if I had to go solidstate,it'd be a peavey just like yours.
And nice to see a good cabinet.Once you get into pushing lots of air,it's hard to go back.I love a big cabinet,pushing plenty of deep end!
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by the_perdestrian
I want a 15 so bad. happy new amp day!

Ive got an ol' Behringer 15 if you're interested
pinga
But it has a Bugera speaker!

Honestly though, I think I might end up putting it on ebay or craigslist. Ive got no space for it, and I dont really know what to do with it.
pinga
you could add it to your rig. 315 ftw!

and my guitar amp has bugera speakers too, so don't try and pass that off like its good.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Last edited by the_perdestrian at May 1, 2011,
Quote by Spaz91
Burn it, don't pass on the curse.

I thought about performing surgery on it, could be a nice little project. Ive always wanted to fool around with the insides of an amp and speaker.

Quote by the_perdestrian
you could add it to your rig. 315 ftw!

and my guitar amp has bugera speakers too, so don't try and pass that off like its good.

Is this possible?

Yeah well, mine has a super bugera speaker.
pinga
if the 215 is a 4 or 8 ohm cab then yeah it should totally be possible. as long as neither cab is 2 ohm you should be set.

because you peavey is a 2 ohm head right?
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
if the 215 is a 4 or 8 ohm cab then yeah it should totally be possible. as long as neither cab is 2 ohm you should be set.

because you peavey is a 2 ohm head right?

Yeah the Peavey is a 2ohm. I actually dont know what the cab is though im assuming is a 4 ohm.
pinga
Happy NAD!!!

I used a Peavey Mark VIII and Peavey TVX 4x12 set up at a practice space for about a year. MASSIVE volume, and really good tone!

I've owned a few of the other mark series as well: Mark III (my faves), Mark IV, Mark VI, and Mark VII.

<3 Peavey
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Thanks guys!

Man, I knew the 2x15 would be bassy, but this is almost overwhelming. Even a low volumes this take is loud and makes everything vibrate. Im finding it a bit difficult to find the right amount of bass to EQ in. I have to compensate for the fact that a 215 is bassy enough without all the extra dialing in.
pinga
You can tell that you really researched this amp before diving in and buying

but anyway happy NBD and the mark series really are solid amps
Nice score man, I nearly bought a Peavey MK3 and matching cab a while ago til I spent the cash on an xbox :/ That 2x15 is a beast, I'm still looking for a cab and I know Peavey used to do a 2x10 + 1x18 box so I've been looking for one of those to match my GK

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel