I just recently found out about the company, and from what i can tell, it seems really good, but before i go out and buy one of their guitars i'd like to hear some personal opinions and experiences on them.

thanks!
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
I have an al-3100. Its good, but nothing legendary. For the price, its unbeatable.
i love my intrepid! it feels very solid, the fretwork is really good, and it stays in tune really well. the stock "cepheus" pickups in mine are pretty good. i do plan on upgrading them but they could certainly get the job done if i wanted them to. they beat all other no-name stock pickups ive ever played through. there arent any factory blemishes on mine, though sometimes stuff from rondo has been known to show up at doorsteps with dings or paint scratches. last i heard, they dont have a friendly international return policy, so you're taking a big risk buying one of these if you are outside the USA.

here's a lovely photo of her (ignore the dead grass)

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Agile's biggest appeal is the tons of different specs they offer (baritone, fretless, 7 string, 8 string, fanned-fret, etc.) for under $1000.

Their guitars are alright. I've played 2 Agile guitars and a Brice/Agile bass. Ironically my least favorite was the most expensive- a Intrepid 828 with a Kahler. The guitar sounded dead and didn't play that amazingly.

I'd take an Ibanez any day.
Quote by VintageAmigo
I just recently found out about the company, and from what i can tell, it seems really good, but before i go out and buy one of their guitars i'd like to hear some personal opinions and experiences on them.

thanks!

I own a couple. a 2100 and 3100. They are good guitars, especially for what they cost. I can't find any flaws on the 3100 but it is noticeably better than the 2100. I replaced the pickups in the 2100 because they weren't very good but the 3100 is good right out of the box. The 2100 is intonated and setup for drop C and the 3100 is just 1/2 step down. I've had them for a number of years now and nothing has bent/broke/fell apart. If I have a complaint is the super thick poly coating on them. The 3100 seems to be made of one piece of mahogany for the body and the 2100 is made of 4 or 5 pieces. The inlays on the 2100 are kind of crappy swirly plastic. The 3100 seems to be genuine MOP. The inlays are all cut nice on both but the inlay job itself is mediocre at best. Theres a lot of black fill around the inlays. The fingerboard is nice rosewood in the 3100 and some kind of unfinished walnut or crap rosewood on the 2100. The fretwork is a little nicer on the 3100 but both are fine, didn't need leveling or anything. The 2100 has a graphite nut and the 3100 came with a graphite and precut bone nut. I use the bone. The 2100 I got is spalted maple and the 3100 bookmatched flame maple. The bookmatching on both is perfect. The maple quality is very nice but I suspect its just a veneer.

Only Rondo sells them so if you live near there you can go play em before you buy otherwise you roll the dice and hope you get a good one.

I bought mine to take to work because I like to jam at lunch. I wanted something decent but not expensive so I didn't have to lug around and damage any of the "good stuff".

The other guys are right though, the question about Agiles gets asked once or twice a week on average. There has to be 100 preexisting threads already.
Last edited by samhell at Apr 30, 2011,
I have worked on a AL3100 and it was a dream to play after I finished cleaning it and setting it up. I have often heard people say they are 80% of the way to a gibson. And the AL2k's are the best you can get at there price in my opinion.
Excellent guitars for the money. I have a AL-2000 and Valkyrie III. Both are great players and great values. With a few minor mods they became great for gigging and recording. I'll probably buy another.

Laziest Bassist Alive
Keep your gig. I'm sleeping.
Before I tell you.

Incredibly important question, do you live in America?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb