ok so I'm Frank I'm 16 years old and this is my first thread. Now im looking at 2 guitars after working like crazy I have finally made enough money to throw into a guitar of chioce there is a 1970's gibson marauder for $800usd at a local guitar store the tailpiece has been replaced by a whammy system i cant for sure tell you which brand i played it and it sounded awesome but its not all origional and thats what im worried about my other option is a fender 52 hot rod telecaster reissue and i LOVE it it goes for $1,700 usd and it has a mini humbucker in the neck position and it plays and sounds soo great i just cant decide which one i want so what do you all think
when you like the fender, go for it..

it's all about personal preferences
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
but i love the pickup config on the gibby it would be my first real gibson and its a vintage gibson wich makes it that much cooler but i also love how the tele has a mini humbucker im like just stuck haha
Can you tell us what kind of music you play? The Fender is a great guitar. I've played it extensively and I love the feel and tone I get from it. Honestly it's a little pricey new though.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
Can you tell us what kind of music you play? The Fender is a great guitar. I've played it extensively and I love the feel and tone I get from it. Honestly it's a little pricey new though.

sure i play modern rock like the foo fighters, kings of leon, black keys, silversun pickups
i also play blues like clapton, srv
and some classic rock The stones( i know keith richards has a 52 with humbucker) and ccr, led zeplin and such so yea thats pretty much it
Quote by fmonzo27
but i love the pickup config on the gibby it would be my first real gibson and its a vintage gibson wich makes it that much cooler but i also love how the tele has a mini humbucker im like just stuck haha
I'm not sure if I'd consider that Gibson a vintage Gibson. It's certainly an OLD Gibson but when most people think "vintage Gibson" they mean pre-Norlin era Gibsons which was the golden age of sorts for Gibson guitars.