So I'm thinking about picking up a cheap Jackson or ESP to modify....
I've noticed a LOT of people say that if you like ESP necks, you won't like Jackson's, vice versa, etc.
I've personally played both and find them both comfortable (with my personal favor being towards Jackson for obvious reasons, i.e. I own a high quality one)
So what is your personal preference neckwise with ESP and Jackson?
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by Somekid94
I've only played a few Jacksons and didn't like them as much as my ESP LTD's neck.

Likewise. They weren't exactly bad though.
I think Jackson necks are a little flatter on the back while the ESP is more rounded. At least in my experience that's what they are. I guess my choice would be the Jackson neck, but I like ESP guitars more
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Last edited by DamagingExcess at Apr 30, 2011,
I own both neck styles and I love them both though my preference is the Jackson.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by captainsnazz
Likewise. They weren't exactly bad though.

The only reason I probably don't notice a significant difference is because my hands are huge lol
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
I prefer the jackson, the ESP's are good, by no means bad, the shape of the jacksons just fit me live a glove.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I have both high end guitars, and i must say that it's true: both necks are very different. The ESP necks are more narrow and rounder at the back, while the Jacksons are wider and have more string spacing. They also are flat at the back. But that doesn't make you have to like one over the other. Both have great necks. Try them. Decide for yourself.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Ive tried a few jackson and ESP necks at local shops and I have to say that though both are good the ESP was more comfirtable in my opinion.
It's all a preference thing.

I like Jackson's neck feel more. it is more 'D' shaped which i like more compared the the 'C' shape of most ESP's. Another thing about the Jackson, the 12'' fingerboard radius at the 1st-12th fret does make fretting a bit more comfortable compared to the ESP, which is pretty flat throughout the entire fingerboard, so rythm playing with the Jackson feels a bit more planted and confident to me. With the ESP, i somtimes feel i have to 'dig' into the fingerboard on the low strings when doing rythm
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I have an ltd and a Jackson V. I can't really say which one I like better because it goes a little something like this.

Playing Jackson
"God I love this neck way better then my ltd"

Playing my Ltd
"God I love this neck way better then my Jackson"

I lcve them both the Jackson is nice and thin but the Ltd is thin with a little more meat on it.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
I own a Jackson Demmelition, Esp Edwards Al-166 and a Esp ltd alexi-200 and i much prefer the round neck of the Esp's
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Quote by sewoo55
Jackson's got better neck
ESP's got better fretboard

What a huge pile of crap...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I don't know if this is going to make any sense to anyone else, because it doesn't even make sense to me. Higher end LTD guitars feel better to me compared to Jackson, but I can shred on a Jackson a lot better than an LTD.

So, that's my wonderful contribution to this thread.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
In my world Jackson D shape beats at least the LTD Thin U shape. The flatness is extra nice for playing with your thumb against the neck.

Not sure about the LTD extra thin U shape, that one I might like more than the thin U.
Quote by sewoo55
Jackson's got better neck
ESP's got better fretboard

Somebody likes Abalone.

TS, I personally prefer the uniform feel of the LTD neck, the Jackson Contour I find is uncomfortable after you get past the 8th fret.

But necks all come down to personal preference and me telling you what I like is a bit daft really

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I've had both in the past and I liked the ESP necks better but that's just preference. The neck joint itself is more of a deciding factor for me so I really like the smooth contour of ESP and Schecter. Most everything else I've tried felt very bulky and cumbersome barring a couple oddballs from various manufacturers here and there.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.