Hey guys I'm currently re-setting up my entire rig. I play in a pop/punk band and I kinda just play everything when I'm on my own. I am saving up for a Vox AC30C2 right now, but I've been researching pedals alot lately to get after I get the amp. Right now I have a bunch of digitech pedals and a Zvex distortion. I will probably keep the Zvex and my digitech delay on the pedalboard, but I am also wanting to get some other ones, I'll list them:

Tuner (probably the Korg pitch-black I think, I want one with a button to hit, not the boss-style lever)
Some kind of OD (most likely a Ibanez TS-9)
Analog Delay (currently thinking about the MXR carbon copy)
Chorus (not really sure, I've looked into the MXR's, TC's, and the EH cathedral, I really just want this to make me cleans sound more alive.)
Possibly another distortion, I've been looking at the EH Germanium dist/OD but I don't know what all's out there.

So any input on any of those pedals would be greatly appreciated. As well as suggestions as to similar pedals I should check out. I'm just curious and there's a lot of stuff out there so I just want a little direction, especially on the chorus pedal.
GEAR:
Fender MIM Strat (all black everthing!)
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Zvex Distortron
Fulltone OCD
ISP Decimator
Vox AC30C2

Power Chords and Downstrums
Okay, I have the Korg Pitchblack and it's excellent. Recommend it highly.
For an OD, you sure about the Tubescreamer? Keep in mind that half the overdrive pedals on the market are improved copies of the Tubescreamer. My personal favorite is Gearmanndude's Luther Drive. Flatter frequency response, more gain, more crunch, true bypass.
Can't comment on the delay. Not a big fan of analog delays, I use a Boss DD-3 and a Danelectro Fab Echo.
In my humble opinion the best chorus pedal ever built is the Electro-Harmonic Neo Clone. I suggest you at least check one out. It's got a very swirly, rich sound. Boss choruses tend to have a brighter, more sparkly tone that seems a little thin to me. A cheaper pedal that sounds good, kind of halfway between the icy Boss and lush EHX, is the DeltaLab Stereo Chorus, but it's not exactly stereo... I used to use a Digitech Multi Chorus, and it's one of the better ones. Very thick and watery like an EHX, but more intense and with more control. The only problem is that you can't run it after your distortion without it breaking up a little bit.
Instead of another distortion, have you considered a fuzz? Well, obviously you have, the Germanium OD is a fuzz, but I mean, consider something with more character than class. You've already got the classic overdrive and an amp with awesome crunch (the Vox, I mean), so maybe you should get something weird, something splatty and nasty like an Octavia or a Devi Ever fuzz. Just something to consider.
Last edited by AeolianSeventh at Apr 30, 2011,
Here's my rig: American Deluxe Strat or Gibson Les Paul, MXR Dyna Comp, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (which I prefer over a TS-9, but I like the TS-808) , Ernie Ball VP JR, Boss Tremolo, Way Huge Aqua Puss analog delay, Boss DD-7 Digital Delay, MXR Carbon Copy Analog delay, into an AC30C2 (fantastic amp.)

Keep in mind you can always run two inputs into an AC30 so as to have separate clean and driven channels. I would also recommend the Rockbox Boiling Point overdrive (which I've been really into the past couple of weeks, haven't put one on my pedal board yet though.) You could look into the Way Huge Green Rhino overdrive, which isn't that expensive either.

I'm not a fan of chorus, I think it's an annoying effect. If I ever want modulation then I put some on the wet delay signal, but not on the actual dry signal of the guitar. However if you insist on chorus, there are some analog chorus pedals out there you could check out (I think Earthquaker makes one that's supposed to be really high quality.) But I would stick to delay with modulation rather than actual chorus.

For tuners I'm a big fan of the Boss TU-3, but if you're staying away from Boss tuners, the TC Electronic Polytune is pretty awesome.

Some other gear I use and recommend consists of various Noise Suppressors, a small buffer pedal (not really a pedal, SolidGold FX makes them), Furman pedal power, and the occasional wah pedal. I get reverb from the AC30 and have no problems with it.

Good luck with your rig!
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
That was all meant for recommendation purposes by the way.
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
Hey thanks guys I really appreciate it! Now I just wish my money would stack up faster :P
GEAR:
Fender MIM Strat (all black everthing!)
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Zvex Distortron
Fulltone OCD
ISP Decimator
Vox AC30C2

Power Chords and Downstrums
Hello! I am also seeking rig advice. I'm pretty much starting from scratch considering i'm playing a fairly warped BC Rich Mockingbird at the moment and a rapidly aging crate combo amp. I'm in the process of obtaining a semi-recent Gibson Flying V, but that's the only real definite aspect of my rig. I'm partial to Orange and VOX for amplifiers, but no real allegiances for pedals of any kind. The sound I'm trying to achieve is something like Blood Visions era Jay Reatard. Anything that's garage/lo-fi. I'm currently really into Bass Drum of Death. Price range I'm looking at isn't really an issue, because i'll be building it up throughout the next couple years. The only effect I own for standard guitars is a Big Muff Pi. Thanks for the advice!
Personally for chorus I would try out the EH Small Clone and a/b it with a Boss CH-1 and see what type of effected sound you prefer.
As for delay - the Carbon Copy is a winner. As is the Ibanez AD9 - give 'em both a whirl.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
i would recommend the malekko616 over the carbon copy, worlds more tonal possibilities. can be had for near same price. i think it just sounds better in general as well. its also nice that it is selecable TB/BBP

also IMO the small clone chours sounds terrible, way to digital and not at all versatile tonally. i just hate it. some people swear by them though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at May 8, 2011,
To add to my previous suggestions, I tried out a Carbon Copy for the first time yesterday. For an hour with three different guitars. It was the most amazingly wonderful thing I've ever played. Not only will it do a wonderfully melodic, dirty delay, it sounds amazing in self-oscillation. I love it so much you don't even know man.