finally got a news tune together. a little different from my other stuff (but i try to change things up every time). this song features my 88 Fender Stratocaster + deluxe. let me know what you think and as always i'll do a C 4 C (don't panic if this doesn't happen immediately as i'll have limited time over the next few days)

sorry this won't go into my profile for a little while as i'm having an issue or 2 computer wise.

www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=933186
yea like you said its not so much my thing but the guitar was pretty good i expected it to pick up a little more and the drums were a little odd indeed at times the only thing i really didnt like was the rhythm in the background mainly just because it seemed to be the same thing the majority of the time but all in all a good recording
Schecter BlackJack Atx v-1fr
Ibanez Gax70l Duncan Distortions
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
Quote by Prestofly
yea like you said its not so much my thing but the guitar was pretty good i expected it to pick up a little more and the drums were a little odd indeed at times the only thing i really didnt like was the rhythm in the background mainly just because it seemed to be the same thing the majority of the time but all in all a good recording

the rhythm track is basically the same chords in different voicings. as for the drums well that has to do with thedrum machine. when you change the tempo some of the drums sound a bit off. i use preset patterns strung togetherto form the drum track this doesn't work perfectly all the time. learning to program the drums seperately has been taking some time as i want decenttracks. the song was intended to be slow and build throw the lead parts.
some of the timing seems very... strange. (I'm not using the word "odd" because I think that implies polyrhythms and odd time signatures ) I like the guitar tones, but some of your phrasing just seems like you're wandering around the fretboard without a clear sense of direction. I did like parts of it though, just get a solid drum track and try some different soloing stuff, and you've got yourself a nice track.
what kind of drum machine do you use? me and my friends used hydrogen which is not very good at all lol
Schecter BlackJack Atx v-1fr
Ibanez Gax70l Duncan Distortions
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
Quote by Prestofly
what kind of drum machine do you use? me and my friends used hydrogen which is not very good at all lol

it's built into the Zoom digital 8-track recorder i use. it's actually pretty good however it has it's short comings in certain areas.
Quote by -Blue-
some of the timing seems very... strange. (I'm not using the word "odd" because I think that implies polyrhythms and odd time signatures ) I like the guitar tones, but some of your phrasing just seems like you're wandering around the fretboard without a clear sense of direction. I did like parts of it though, just get a solid drum track and try some different soloing stuff, and you've got yourself a nice track.

no wandering at all the whole song is inthe key of D and i never strayed from that at all.
very nice bud!! you know what this reminds me of? it sounds like a cleaner toned Tool song .... you know what i mean by that? great job!
Quote by abdulsadiq
very nice bud!! you know what this reminds me of? it sounds like a cleaner toned Tool song .... you know what i mean by that? great job!

can't say i have listened to much Tool. but thanx.