Page 1 of 2
Why does he do that!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpRIYi721WE

EDIT - Yeah, I know almost every guitarist makes faces when they play, even I do, but this guy makes a face for every damn note he plays.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at May 1, 2011,
Because he is very into the music
"Wrath is not a sin"
I play PS3 , Psn: g-tibbert . Add me up!
Because every time he bends his string he has a mini-jizz. I wonder what his O-face looks like...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Haha I like it because to me it looks like he actually enjoys playing the music.
*2007 join date crew*
*DIRTY SOUTH CREW*
*Goes to the strip club in basketball shorts crew*
*Reservations for the drive-thru crew*
*Swims with shoes on crew*
*6'4 5% striated crew*
He's one of the most soulful blues players around.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Because he CAN!
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Because B.B. has gotten so old, he is now incontinent, and those faces are actually his expression as he's trying to hold it in.

God bless Mr. King...
He is transferring his emotions into music and facial expressions are the by-product. Like heat being created in a reaction.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Respect the King.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Quote by Alex Vik
Because he's a blues player.

this. its required.
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
How would people understand how much emotion he's playing with if he didnt?
PM me for newts
Quote by Twist of fate
This thread is now about BB King.

If you read the title, and the majority of the discussion in this thread, you might notice that it was already about BB King.
Plus if he didn't pull those faces he wouldn't really be playing the Blues, he'd be playing the Slightly Mopeys.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
He makes those faces because he's black.

Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by jwizzle5786
I thought this thread was about Burger King.

I'll leave now.

ha me too. leaving now
There's danger on the edge of town,
Ride the king's highway baby

hes baked. he cant help it.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by StewieSwan
How would people understand how much emotion he's playing with if he didnt?
Fuck, I came in here to say that, almost exactly word for word.
Because he's the man. You shut your ***** mouth.

EDIT: Really? Whore is censored? We can say shit but we can't say whore? Interesting.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I'm floored by the fact that on a guitar website so many people don't know about BB. I mean, even if blues ain't your cup of tea, you shouldn't be allowed to own a guitar if you haven't heard his music.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Skullshredda
Overrated to be honest *awaits hate*
I'm sorry but so-called "feeling" in playing is non existent unless you see the person playing. If it's just an audio track you can't pinpoint emotion on it.
People like him > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H76LUCBIUg&feature=related are far better players.

Stop making metal guitarists look bad. Go away.
PM me for newts
Quote by Skullshredda
I'm sorry but so-called "feeling" in playing is non existent unless you see the person playing. If it's just an audio track you can't pinpoint emotion on it.
People like him > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H76LUCBIUg&feature=related are far better players.

I will agree that music does not inherently contain emotion- the emotional aspect comes from your own personal interpretation and understanding of the music.

But I didn't bother watching the vid.
Quote by Skullshredda
First of all, it's all a matter of taste. I have no problem with people liking BB King etc but you have to admit that Necrophagist is just way more technically proficient.

And you have to admit, this thread is about his face, not his playing. ffs
PM me for newts
Quote by Skullshredda

That was out of the blue.. Was there anyone in this thread saying that B.B is a more technical player then Muhammed?

Also, you don't need to be a virtuoso player to create good music. It's awesome if a guy can sweep tap some bizzare arpeggio, but musically, will it have any purpose?

I'd rather go to a B.B King concert then say a Malmsteen one.

Speaking of this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NongtyxkfY it's one of my favorite videos, watch from 3:20.

P.S I'm not hatin on Necrophagist, they're a cool band.
Quote by Skullshredda
I'm sorry but so-called "feeling" in playing is non existent unless you see the person playing.

you'd like that to be true, but i stopped watching after 10 seconds because i've seen a ton of bb, opened another tab, and listened, and it was a hell of a solo.
Quote by Skullshredda
First of all, it's all a matter of taste. I have no problem with people liking BB King etc but you have to admit that Necrophagist is just way more technically proficient.

No, you don't. B.B. Has been playing guitar for the better part of a century. Just because his music isn't technical for the sake of being technical, doesn't mean he can't perform that type of music.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Skullshredda

You were actually the first one to bring up the 'emotion in playing compared to metal' argument. There wasn't even an issue until you turned up.

Go away. We all know Necrophagist play faster than BB King, and most of us know it's totally retarded to compare them.
he has epilepsy.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Page 1 of 2