I always kind of assumed classical guitars would be smaller, but then again, there are also classical guitars that are HUGE. So I was just wondering if the classical guitars I've seen and played have been 3/4 scale length, or if they are just smaller in general.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
generally classical guitars have smaller bodies than dreads

steel string acoustics have a wide range of body sizes, im sure classical do too but they arent as popular

classical generally has a 2 inch nut and is generally 25.5 inch scale

steel string is usually 1 11/16 inch or 1 3/4 inch nut, scale ranges too but 25.5 and 24.75 are the most popular
The "Folk" body size for steel-string acoustics is practically identical to a standard classical guitar, the only differences being strings, bridge, peghead, construction, materials, nut width...scale length...I could go on forever.
I guess specifically speaking, are the frets smaller? Will I be able to play larger stretches easier on a classical, or should I get a 3/4?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
They should be the same, although they may appear thinner due to the wider neck on a classical. Either would do, and a classical may give you a cleaner sound since you won't have to press down so hard to get a clear note in a long stretch.