i know there are alot of posts about buyin new guitars, but at the moment i have an esp ltd f-50 which i have put emg 81 & 85 pickups. This was my first guitar and now im ready to upgrade. Thing is i have never played any other guitar, so i dont really know what im lookin for or what brand or type.

I know what i do want, a solid thru body, 500-800 dollar range, and looking for passive pickups, something more verstile than the emgs, besides i can always still play my current guitar whn i need the emgs, tremolo bar would be nice but not a deal breaker.

Mostly play hard rock guns n roses type stuff, but that general class of music. So im looking for sugestions to look at, or maybe what brand is best for that price range. I went to guitar center an was lookin around an realized i dont know wtf im lookin for lol.
thanks

esp ltd f-50
emg 81, 85 pick ups
mesa boogie f-30 amp
mxr 10 band eq
MXR ZW38
isp decimator
Last edited by ronnjonn at May 1, 2011,
A Les Paul Studio would fit your specs perfectly. Right price range, decent stock pickups. And no other guitar would be better for Gn'R.

You could also look at a few SGs if you think the Les Pauls are too heavy.
If you want a guitar with some balls get a wangcaster
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by SynthRay
A Les Paul Studio would fit your specs perfectly. Right price range, decent stock pickups. And no other guitar would be better for Gn'R.

You could also look at a few SGs if you think the Les Pauls are too heavy.

think this guy nailed it first go.
les paul studio, Epiphone or Gibson? and what an how big is the difference between the two? An whats an SG? sorry for the dumb questions.
Last edited by ronnjonn at May 1, 2011,