Is it possible to do this somehow? I don't even know if I ever got a windows disc with this computer, and in that case I certainly can't find it. I need to insert it to install a language pack. Would it be possible to like download an ISO file of the windows XP installation disc in some way and then mounting it with Daemon tools or something? Or have I got it all wrong? The message says: "Some files on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 CD are needed. Please insert the disc, blah blah"

Thanks.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at May 1, 2011,
possible but I guess I cant tell you how because it's a bannable offence.
Edit- also, you can't 'bypass' it because the language files are located in the disk itself. You'll have to find the image yourself and mount it.
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Last edited by hames jetfield at May 1, 2011,
Daemon is a virtual disk drive.. which doesnt Exist until the program is running.

if you need the disk before startup (like when installing windows) that wont work
Quote by hightension01
Daemon is a virtual disk drive.. which doesnt Exist until the program is running.

if you need the disk before startup (like when installing windows) that wont work

TS doesn't need to reinstall windows. The language files can be installed using daemon. I've done that before.

Quote by laid-to-waste

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Quote by hames jetfield
TS doesn't need to reinstall windows. The language files can be installed using daemon. I've done that before.

Allright, I'll see if I can get my hands on the ISO file somehow.
Now it says (when trying to install the language pack) that I need a file called cplexe.exe (...what a stupid name) and I can't find it anywhere in the XP service pack 3 ISO i got (which SHOULD work, according to the installer, but lo and behold, it does NOT). It seems like a lot of people on the net are having the same problem. Yet another cryptic mindfuck from the glorious minds at Microsoft...Anyone got any experience with this?
Quote by Horlicks
Easier solution. Just burn the ISO to a disk.

You mean there's a difference between mounting an image virtually and burning it to a disc and physically inserting it in the drive? Can't see why that would be the case, but whatever.
why don't you just burn the iso to a cd?
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
why don't you just burn the iso to a cd?

Why would I? I can't find any of the files I need in the ISO when mounting it, that's the problem. Therefore burning it to a cd is totally irrelevant, yes?
I've had these error messages a few years ago on my XP computer, it was actually a virus

Atleast the problem stopped after I sorted out a new antivirus and it removed a few severe threats, maybe you should give that a go?

Alongside that was it wanted to install certain Office programs that it already had randomly if thats happening too
Mesa/Boogie Studio Pre | Marshall EL34 50/50 Power | Harley Benton 2x12 V30's

How do you like, your mids in the morning?
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Why would I? I can't find any of the files I need in the ISO when mounting it, that's the problem. Therefore burning it to a cd is totally irrelevant, yes?

if it's an install disk I'm not surprised, everything'll be packaged and compressed on it. You need the whole disk to boot off it.

edit: also, sound like a virus anyway. I've never heard of that error message before.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Now it says (when trying to install the language pack) that I need a file called cplexe.exe (...what a stupid name) and I can't find it anywhere in the XP service pack 3 ISO i got (which SHOULD work, according to the installer, but lo and behold, it does NOT). It seems like a lot of people on the net are having the same problem. Yet another cryptic mindfuck from the glorious minds at Microsoft...Anyone got any experience with this?

what is the size of the iso? It's possible that the image contains ONLY SP3 and not the core windows files. Search for the exe in the mounted image using search function(yes, the one with the dog ). If nothing is found then it may be a virus.

Quote by laid-to-waste

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Last edited by hames jetfield at May 1, 2011,
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death

common problem look here
http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/board/showthread.php?t=19673
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
If you have a legit cd-key,

you can just do it through torrent or even microsofts site.

the only thing illegal is cracking without needing to use the cd-key, i repeat it is not illegal to use torrents for windows. I believe you can then install it on a flash drive and install it that way. (not 100% sure on that)
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
If you have a legit cd-key,

you can just do it through torrent or even microsofts site.

the only thing illegal is cracking without needing to use the cd-key, i repeat it is not illegal to use torrents for windows. I believe you can then install it on a flash drive and install it that way. (not 100% sure on that)

yes you can but it is difficult to find uncracked version from torrent

Quote by laid-to-waste

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Try a system restore, surprised nobody hasn't mentioned that yet since it's the first thing everyone assumes to do.

If all else fails, backup up your documents and switch to linux!
BLANKBLANK
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
Try a system restore, surprised nobody hasn't mentioned that yet since it's the first thing everyone assumes to do.

If all else fails, backup up your documents and switch to linux!

TS wants to install some new language packs that weren't there before. Idk how you're suggesting system restore.

Quote by laid-to-waste

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000