I basically know about the floating bridge systems, some are Floyd Rose style tremolo and some are vintage/strat style tremolos. But I have very little idea about the various types of bridges which are not floating, rather fixed. There are many and I have difficulties identifying which one is what. I have heard the terms like stoptail, tune-o-matic and do not really know the differences among those. I would like to know about these bridges.

Anybody would like to list these various fixed bridge systems and tell about their functions/merits/demerits? If you can give links to specific pictures, that would helpe a lot!

Thanks a lot! I tried googling it and found no favorable resources together.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Last edited by metalter at May 1, 2011,
I started to google up some research for you, but looky what the first result was:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tune-o-matic

Not much more to say beyond that, you can plainly see what a tune-o-matic looks like and what a stop bar is. An alternative to the stop bar is string through.

I would only add wraparound bridges, which are a single piece of metal

with intonation adjustment:

and without (bad):

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i wouldn't say having no intonation adjustment on wrapovers is necessarily bad... as long as you're not using weird string gauges they're fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My favourite is the Schaller Hannes.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
well all these seems to be rare... I dont see these on regular guitars, except the tune-o-matic...
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Quote by metalter
well all these seems to be rare... I dont see these on regular guitars, except the tune-o-matic...

wraparound bridges are used on PRS and gibson LP juniors, the rest aren't used as stock bridges as far as i know
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.

After playing on the Blue 10th Anniversary Ibanez RG1420, I would have to say this is my favorite bridge
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by metalter
I basically know about the floating bridge systems, some are Floyd Rose style tremolo and some are vintage/strat style tremolos.

No, you don't.

You know about floating tremolos.

This is a floating bridge:

Learn the difference.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
^^ On top of that it's worth pointing out that the bridge pieces are called vibratos, not tremolos. Tremolo is a volume swell/dip effect. Bridges with "whammy bars" are vibratos.