I'm getting a new amp, it'll be my first tube one. My question is should I buy a bugera 333xl/peavey 6505+ that ive had my eye on for a while or should I wait, save my money and get a Marshall jcm2000 tsl or something similar in that price range? I play metal predominantly, but play more or less everything else as well. Thanks in advance
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
peavey 6505 great for metal and its got some useable clean tones.
Bugera 333xl is great for metal too and versatile.

don't really know about the marshall, but i think you should stay away from it
Theres always something interesting outside your budget that you feel tempted to wait for.
But sooner or later, you'll have to buy something.
Grab the 333/6505.
Besides, the JCM2000 isnt that great for uber high gain metal. Good for 80's Sababth/Maiden etc but nothing more than that unless youre willing to boost the living bejesus out of it.
save up buy a jackson
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
or maybe a ibanez, they're awsome for distortion just like jackson (and some of them eaqual and cheaper).

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
ahhahahah just kidding i knew this was amps
i really dunno

go to a store and try every1 till u find some u like

Thanks guys that was quick! I play prog metal, maiden/priest-esque metal, some killswitch engage, quite a bit of Steve vai, and bullet for my valentine is really the heaviest I'd go. The cleans have to be decent, I'm not expecting fender style cleans, but they have to be useable. I've tried the Marshall and liked the sound of it, but may reconsider the exact model for a jvm. I suppose the questions I have are: are the amps for close to £1000 worth it, and which of these is the most versatile? Btw, I already have a Jackson. 'Tis a beautiful guitar.
Quote by Cracked.com
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Theres always something interesting outside your budget that you feel tempted to wait for.
But sooner or later, you'll have to buy something.

Btw that is some great life advice. It's true in most circumstances, and at some point you're gonna have to bite the bullet. Thanks for that.
Quote by Cracked.com
Fair enough
Quote by Cracked.com
Bump
Quote by Cracked.com
Lol, you got all replies your gonna get bro. Just go buy one. All of them are great amps.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Just a heads up, though - the 6262 is Bugera's 6505 clone, not the 333xl.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Get the Bugera 6262. You will save money and the 6505 is decent, but highly overrated. It can get brutal but its not the best. The 6262 is its clone and much cheaper.

When your ready for a "nice" amp and ready to drop a little coin. Im sure you will be glad you bought something cheap for now.

Also just my opinion. The 6262 yeah you can buy new. But when you do want a $1000+ amp, you will save alot buying used.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
So it's decided: I'm gonna get it this month or the next month. Thanks guys for all the help you've given me.
Quote by Cracked.com
Quote by dtmaiden
So it's decided: I'm gonna get it this month or the next month. Thanks guys for all the help you've given me.

Do it now before you change your mind and start liking something else.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by maddnotez
Do it now before you change your mind and start liking something else.

i've been doing this for 6 months
Quote by Cracked.com