Ok I lied. There are no boobies here, just my own moobs.

But now you are here, maybe you can help with my problem?

I'm in a hardcore band (the kind that blend metalcore and hardcore punk together) If you don't know the kind of stuff, Check out 'The Chariot' or someone like that.

My problem is staying in tune in a live scenario. Strings are new, perfectly stretched, get my guitar professionally set up and the intonation set every few months. I have a gorgeous Jackson DKMGT and an Ibanez SAS. I tune in bFlat and use .54 gauge strings to compensate.

STRING THRASHING, JUMPING AROUND AND BLEEDING FINGERS FROM MISS-PICKS ARE THE NORM WITH OUR LIVE STYLE.

After around 50 seconds of the first song, BAM - both guitars and bass sound F****ng awful together cus strings have just been hammered out of tune. I understand that there is no way of 100% preventing this, but any ideas of an efficient way to keep in tune as much as possible? An no, I can't stop acting like a twat coked off his tits either.

Anyone else had this kind of experience? Oh, and before you suggest it, i'm not a flloyd rose friendly guy either... I tend to stay away from them like the plague unless I can get to the stage of having a professional guitar tec. They are too much trouble imo...
Jackson DKMGT
£15 guitar cable!
Bugera 6260/ Crate GT1200H
Crate GT1200h Cab
Quote by Ezpzz
There are no boobies here

I'm in a hardcore band
*leaves*

edit: *comes back and reads*

Quote by Ezpzz
They are too much trouble imo...

quit being a pussy.

i can put new strings on, stretch them, and tune up in 10 minutes.

as for your stability problem, buy locking machine heads.
Last edited by rickyj at May 1, 2011,
Stop acting like a twat coked off his tits.

Seriously though, maybe you need some better tuners. I pretty much bash the fuck out of my strings whenever I play 'djenty' stuff, and my guitars never go out of tune.
you can't be hardcore without boobs. Not even softcore
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
a) use bigger strings. like 65 minimum on your low B
b) graphite in your nut slots, or a new graphite nut.
c) locking tuners
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Quote by satanicgurrl
a) use bigger strings. like 65 minimum on your low B
b) graphite in your nut slots, or a new graphite nut.
c) locking tuners

That seems really unnecessary. I use a .60 on my 7 string and I've played it comfortably in Drop G.
Quote by tele-a-holic
my advice, learn to play, then learn to play moving about

with a name like 'tele-a-holic' my advice would be to stop being a forum ***** and trying to be the most generic guy ever just to make eFriends. Either way, thanks for my bump
Jackson DKMGT
£15 guitar cable!
Crate GT1200h Cab
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
That seems really unnecessary. I use a .60 on my 7 string and I've played it comfortably in Drop G.

My bad, I thought .58 sounded a bit thin. Just checked my packet and they are a .64 set. My nut gets re a graphite everytime It gets a service. (haha) I had to have my nut filed wider to accommodate the thicker strings too...
Jackson DKMGT
£15 guitar cable!
Crate GT1200h Cab
No I'm actually serious, you must be thrashing your strings to hard for 1 and 2 using way too smaller gauges. Your guitar only has a 25 1/2 inch scale, you will need a minimum 60-62 for adequate tone and tension.trying using a string gauge calculator

and yeah, asses your technique lol
I'm using .64 on the bFlat. The whole point of the style of music is more passion than technique. I've been a technique player in the past, but it doesn't even come close to the rush you get from this. My picking technique consists of attempting to hear your natural string sound over the top of your amp turned up to 11. Simples.
Jackson DKMGT
£15 guitar cable!
Crate GT1200h Cab
Locking tuners....should do you right.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan