Page 1 of 3
So Pit,

I work in a store that sells band merch. Lots of Metal, Rock ect. We just got in a huge shipment of metal t-shirts.

Now my question to you guys is, what is up with metal shirts now!?
For example:
http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/Cattle_Decapitation_T-Shirt_Sacrifice

What is up with this shirt? Are those graphics really necessary? All these new bands are coming out with these really graphic shirts of people being torn apart and shit.

Now maybe its just me, but I sure do prefer shirts like Metallica and "Ride the Lightning"

What about you guys, do you like shirts that are horribly graphic, like people being ripped apart? Do you think other people judge you?
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
I wore one once. They're really really heavy, I don't know how knights managed, and that was just the under layer.

EDIT: Ninja'd -_-

Chain mail bitches.

OT: I wouldn't wear that shirt but it's certainly more interesting than just the band's name/logo and nothing else.
cat
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Cattle Decapitation are a death metal/deathcore (even though I despise that term.) Of course it's going to be gorey.

How the hell is that a new thing for metal bands?

They are deathcore, although they were pretty stellar grind back in the day.

I have a Death shirt with just the logo, proving you and your point wrong. Zinged.
Maybe Cattle Decapitation was a bad example, I'm more so talking about these new screamo metal bands that have more shirts than albums, all featuring people being ripped apart and eaten
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
Seriously, why does metal have to have such a strong correlation with death and misery? And a band called themselves Cattle Decapitation? Really? REALLY?
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Seriously, why does metal have to have such a strong correlation with death and misery? And a band called themselves Cattle Decapitation? Really? REALLY?

Why does death metal have such a strong correlation with death and misery. Did your brain just die?

Furthermore, ever heard Riot, or perhaps thousands of other fairy metal bands?

Obviously not. Get over yourself.
Quote by severed-metal
Cattle Decapitation are the best example of that:

dude

words cannot describe how effing awesome i find that poster.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by severed-metal
Why does death metal have such a strong correlation with death and misery. Did your brain just die?

Furthermore, ever heard Riot, or perhaps thousands of other fairy metal bands?

Obviously not. Get over yourself.

What the fuck?

Did you not read a single thing I wrote? I didn't mention death metal at all. You just threw that in there yourself.

And get over myself? Are you for real? I said nothing that gave the impression that I was big headed, self righteous or egotistical. I asked a reasonable question. I suggested that I thought Cattle Decapitation is a ridiculous band name. That's it.
I like some violence.. but not freaking graphic shit like that. I mean I could wear it but I don't want to scare anyone on the street you know? I like well thought out designs for shirts that make me want to wear them. Or just the band logo is good enough for me. Just my opinion
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Metal shirts aren't different, metal is different. Each subgenre tends to have its own imagery, and the shirts reflect that.

Although I think I'd look like a bellend if I wore that.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Dash49
I like some violence.. but not freaking graphic shit like that. I mean I could wear it but I don't want to scare anyone on the street you know? I like well thought out designs for shirts that make me want to wear them. Or just the band logo is good enough for me. Just my opinion

scaring people on the street is what we do.

what we do.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
What the fuck?

Did you not read a single thing I wrote? I didn't mention death metal at all. You just threw that in there yourself.

And get over myself? Are you for real? I said nothing that gave the impression that I was big headed, self righteous or egotistical. I asked a reasonable question. I suggested that I thought Cattle Decapitation is a ridiculous band name. That's it.

I read what you wrote, and you're ignorant. I threw in death metal because that was the topic at hand. You didn't take a look at my second point, which actually answered your "question".

Yes, that would be self righteous. Looking down on something for its name is pretty arrogant.

Furthermore, it was far from reasonable. It was more of a bias against metal more than anything.
Quote by Silver-spear94
scaring people on the street is what we do.

what we do.

Well in a way yes, but I wouldn't want anyone thinking I'm a potential murderer or something. Which I definatly am not.... >_>
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Quote by severed-metal
I read what you wrote, and you're ignorant. I threw in death metal because that was the topic at hand. You didn't take a look at my second point, which actually answered your "question".

Yes, that would be self righteous. Looking down on something for its name is pretty arrogant.

Furthermore, it was far from reasonable. It was more of a bias against metal more than anything.

1. Death metal wasn't the topic at hand, it was metal. That is what I was talking about. I came up with the topic. I asked the question. You just said death metal because you could not come up with a convincing answer.

2. That's not being self righteous at all. It was a statement if you like. An opinion. I did not tell anyone they were wrong and I was right. If anything, it was being judgemental. And that's fine. You judge everything you come across. Everyone is judgemental.

3. You are ridiculous, seriously. How can asking a question like "why has metal got such a strong correlation towards death and misery?" be bias against metal? If I worded it in such a way that it voiced my opinion and I said it was stupid or unnecessary, fair enough. But I didn't.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at May 1, 2011,
Quote by wizards?
That is so br00talz of you

IKR.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
What the ****?

1. Death metal wasn't the topic at hand, it was metal. That is what I was talking about. I came up with the topic. I asked the question. You just said death metal because you could not come up with a convincing answer.

2. That's not being self righteous at all. It was a statement if you like. An opinion. I did not tell anyone they were wrong and I was right. If anything, it was being judgemental. And that's fine. You judge everything you come across. Everyone is judgemental.

3. You are ridiculous, seriously. How can asking a question like "why has metal got such a strong correlation towards death and misery?" be bias against metal? If I worded it in such a way that it voiced my opinion and I said it was stupid or unnecessary, fair enough. But I didn't.

Wtf, you just had an argument with yourself in that post I think you might be schizophrenic
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by rotten_days
So Pit,

I work in a store that sells band merch. Lots of Metal, Rock ect. We just got in a huge shipment of metal t-shirts.

Now my question to you guys is, what is up with metal shirts now!?
For example:
http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/Cattle_Decapitation_T-Shirt_Sacrifice

What is up with this shirt? Are those graphics really necessary? All these new bands are coming out with these really graphic shirts of people being torn apart and shit.

Now maybe its just me, but I sure do prefer shirts like Metallica and "Ride the Lightning"

What about you guys, do you like shirts that are horribly graphic, like people being ripped apart? Do you think other people judge you?

This has been going on since like the 80's man. Cannibal Corpse was doing it in 89 and 88 and bands before them did it. Old news is old.

And personally I find it a bit ridiculous. I don't like bands with only gory shirts because that reflects on me a little. I like my Opeth shirts. I really don't even own many Metal shirts although I've been wanting a Death shirt for years. I understand the lyrical themes and album covers but the shirts are a bit much for me.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 1, 2011,
Quote by whalepudding
Wtf, you just had an argument with yourself in that post I think you might be schizophrenic

Yeah I know. I posted one of my previous posts in it so I can relate back to it and forgot to delete it
Although I just realized that it really doesn't matter what I wear, people consider me harmless anyway >_>
cat
And his use of Death Metal was completely valid. Cattle Decapitation has Death Metal influence and Death Metal is the more focused area of the gore and death portrayal so it's easier to discuss Death Metal as opposed to all sub genres of Metal, some of which don't focus on death or misery at all. Honestly, you should have been more specific.

And I think the name is kind of ridiculous but I usually laugh at a lot of the heavier bands with br00talz names.

br00talz is a word according to Firefox.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i assume you mean like Cannibal Corpse then

that probably one of the least graphic ones, at least there's no skeletal sex in it.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

The topic was Cattle Decapitation, who are in fact, deathcore/deathmetal/grind. Metal shirts based around death metal bands being gorey.

I did come up with a convincing answer. I'll do so again at the end of this post.

It's arrogant because you know literally nothing about metal, but jump to conclusions almost instantly.

No, it was ignorant. You saw bands that had death and misery, and immediately jumped to the conclusion that metal is based around death and misery.

It doesn't have a strong correlation with death and misery, a lot of metal was about fucking chicks and riding motorcycles.

Judas Priest
Motorhead
Lizzy Borden
Manowar
Tyrant
Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Those are bands in the early era of metal. Furthermore, I am extremely ridiculous.
Quote by severed-metal
The topic was Cattle Decapitation, who are in fact, deathcore/deathmetal/grind. Metal shirts based around death metal bands being gorey.

I did come up with a convincing answer. I'll do so again at the end of this post.

It's arrogant because you know literally nothing about metal, but jump to conclusions almost instantly.

No, it was ignorant. You saw bands that had death and misery, and immediately jumped to the conclusion that metal is based around death and misery.

It doesn't have a strong correlation with death and misery, a lot of metal was about fucking chicks and riding motorcycles.

Judas Priest
Motorhead
Lizzy Borden
Manowar
Tyrant
Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Those are bands in the early era of metal. Furthermore, I am extremely ridiculous.

To be honest, you're just coming across as a butt-hurt 14 year old metal fan boy. I really can't be arsed to argue with you. But one thing:

Quote by severed-metal
It's arrogant because you know literally nothing about metal, but jump to conclusions almost instantly

Right. Where do I start with that? I was arrogant because I jumped to conclusions? Fair enough, I would be. If I did. So by your logic, jumping to conclusions is arrogant? I think that's fair to say that's what you mean by that sentence. Oh look, I'm arrogant because I "literally know nothing about metal"? And I jump to conclusions? Oh wow. Stop being so arrogant

Oh, there are plenty of other words apart from "furthermore" you know? It sounds like you're trying to sound smart because you know a word with more than two syllables.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at May 1, 2011,
I'm not surprised metal t-shirts are getting more graphical. Metalheads are gonna need all the distractions they need from their personal hygiene and personalities.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think most of you need to grow a phallus. Asking why some metal has a correlation with death and demise is like asking why Bach and Beethoven had such a strong correlation with class and elegance. Its part of the music. Deal with it.

as for the comment made on here earlier, "more shirts than albums", yeah, no shit? That's every band on the face of the planet ever. Again, deal with it. Don't like the shirt, don't buy it. You guys sound like 90 year old men, "oh those young whippersnappers and their gory t-shirts"

/notmad.jpg
pinga
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
To be honest, you're just coming across as a butt-hurt 14 year old metal fan boy. I really can't be arsed to argue with you. But one thing:

I listed off bands that did not fall under that category of "Death and gore". Now you call me a 14 year old metal fan boy. I think that was the high road, proud of you.

Right. Where do I start with that? I was arrogant because I jumped to conclusions? Fair enough, I would be. If I did. So by your logic, jumping to conclusions is arrogant? I think that's fair to say that's what you mean by that sentence. Oh look, I'm arrogant because I "literally know nothing about metal"? And I jump to conclusions? Oh wow. Stop being so arrogant

You do jump to conclusions.

Oh, there are plenty of other words apart from "furthermore" you know? It sounds like you're trying to sound smart because you know a word with more than two syllables.

I know big words scare you, so I thought I would use them against you.
Page 1 of 3