Hey all, I can't help but buy new guitar stuff when I see my favorite artist's pedalboards!

I don't have many pedals, just a OD, compressor, reverb, distortion.
And I don't have any power brick, I just have 1 AC adaptor (I can only use 1 pedal at a time!).

I would love a Electro Harmonix Pulsar (tremolo) but on the other hand, a DC Power Brick (Dunlop) would be great...

I can't decide!!!
Don't get the DC Power Brick. It's one of the most overrated, overpriced pieces of gear out there - it's complete crap for how much it costs.

Get a One Spot, it and an 8 cable daisy chain should run you $30. Or if you want a true isolated "brick", get something like a Voodoo Labs PP2, or a T-Rex Fuel Tank. Either of those will run you around $200.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Oh I didn't know the Dunlop power brick was bad... What is bad about it ? Because compared to the Vodoo Lab at 200 dollars!!! ugh!

But isnt the 1 spot designed for 1 pedal ? How can I power several ?
The DC Brick IS a One Spot, just... in a box. It isn't an isolated power supply. Isolated power will get rid of all your noise and feedback created when you run multiple pedals, whereas non-isolated supplies (like the One Spot or DC Brick) will not, and can sometimes even add to that noise. On top of that, the iso power supplies are built a lot better and are higher quality, so you have a lot less chance of something going wrong.

The One Spot is a simple power adapter, but it has a huge Ma supply, making it ideal to power up to 8 pedals, for really cheap. I personally use a One Spot, and it works for me, because I also use a Boss NS-2. But as I start gigging more and more frequently, I plan on upgrading to a T-Rex, because you just can't take the chance of unreliability that comes with cheaper power supplies.

This is the daisy chain you need to power <8 pedals. It's pretty simple, really. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Visual-Sound-Multi-Plug-8-Cable-for-1-SPOT-105619522-i1423917.gc

My advice is always that if you don't gig, the One Spot is more than adequate. It's amazing for how little it costs. But if you do, and you can afford it, don't cheap out on your power supply. It's somewhat similar to having a hardshell case for your guitar. Why risk not having one?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 1, 2011,
By using a daisy chain adapter
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Oh I see thank you!

So I don't gig indeed, but I still don't want to have undersirable noise with the pedals

If I run :tuner - od/compressor (VS Route 66 2in1)- DS1 - tremolo - reverb

Would I have noise ?
I have a DC Brick. It works great. Has some features to protect your pedals from spikes, plus has both 9 and 18 volt supplies.
Quote by alans056
Oh I see thank you!

So I don't gig indeed, but I still don't want to have undersirable noise with the pedals

If I run :tuner - od/compressor (VS Route 66 2in1)- DS1 - tremolo - reverb

Would I have noise ?

Oh yeah. Compressors are noisy as shit, And so are distortion boxes. The trem and reverb won't be really, but they probably won't help when being run with everything else.

I highly recommend you get a noise gate. What amp are you using?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have a Fender Blues Jr.

I'm tight on the money so I can't afford a voodoo lab or something like that... And the Boss NS2 is expensive
I got mine for around $50 on ebay. They go for $50-60 all day.

Does that amp have an FX loop?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It doesnt ...

But would I have noise even if the compressor was off ? Because I don't use it very often.
You shouldn't get much noise if it's off. Maybe a little more hum overall just because it's in your chain, or maybe nothing at all. You can't really tell until you try it - every pedal is different, and every pedal interacts with other pedals differently. Some play nice together, others not so much.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I see, thank you! I will get the VS 1 spot in that case. It's cheap and will do the job!

Thanks a lot!! I didn't know it existed! I was going to buy an expensive thing!