So, I got my Bugera 6260 about a week ago and it's been sitting on the floor teasing me until I could get a cab. But now I have mah cab the beast has been unleashed.

The cab is a Laney LX412A with Celestion Rocket 50s, I haven't had the chance to crank it a bit yet as my mum is looking after my baby cousin for the weekend but tomorrow, the beast will truly be let free So far though, it sounds great, although I feel I'll need an EQ and some sort of overdrive for the smooth lead tones. Cleans on this thing are better than I expected, really nice and smooth, I've managed to get a great funk/jazz sound quite easily. The crunch button is quite good although it's not great, it's definitely useable though, but I'll probably get an overdrive and use it on the clean channel for my crunchy classic rock tones tbh. Although the fact both of my guitars have crappy pickups doesn't help at all. All in all though, a very good amp for what I paid which was £290 for the head (new) £110 for the cab (used).

And a family photo..

And yes, I have noticed my room is an absolute tip
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Last edited by Twistedrock at May 1, 2011,
HNAD good sir.

How's the cab??
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
HNAD! looks good even though i'm not a massive fan of high gain amps (i take it this is one) but looking at it it makes me want a half stack xD

not long got my VT50 either, but half stack is definitely something i'll be getting when i can!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Ah dude, the cab is really good, the Rocket 50s are great if you can't afford V30s, and yeah you definitely feel badass having a stack in your room It's a really really good amp though, £290 was an absolute steal. Can't wait to play a guitar with decent pickups through it though xD
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

290???!!!! thats like 406$ right.... aewsomeeeeeeeee
although i am not an anti bugera keep a fire extinguisher handy.....
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
HNAD! How's the cab?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
HNAD

I use exactly the same cab but the straight version, it is killer for the price.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
It's a really good cab, suits this Bugera quite well, I can't wait to try my Bugera through my guitar teacher's ENGL cab though.
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by deepsal
290???!!!! thats like 406$ right.... aewsomeeeeeeeee
although i am not an anti bugera keep a fire extinguisher handy.....

stereotype answer... have you played one yourself? because i hear nothing but good things about the newer ones seems like the starting trouble things have been solved. mind you chinese can make good stuff too just look at your TV or computer.
Quote by wolvenrick
mind you chinese can make good stuff too just look at your TV or computer.

That's nice.

Ribbon cable and molex connectors have no place inside a guitar amp. Any guitar amp.

Once the Chinese figure that out I'll be happy to check out their products.

TS: HNAD.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Twistedrock
Ah dude, the cab is really good, the Rocket 50s are great if you can't afford V30s, and yeah you definitely feel badass having a stack in your room It's a really really good amp though, £290 was an absolute steal. Can't wait to play a guitar with decent pickups through it though xD

HNAD dude!!!

As far as leads, I'd say drop the gain a bit and boost your mids (lookin pretty scooped). With a clean boost, I play my 6262 around 4 on the gain, bass around 6, mids around 7, highs 5-6. And the 6260 apparently has more gain than the 6262, haha!

Here's how those settings sound for lead:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/GGAjam2.mp3?touch=s5e7CQ%3D%3D&w=3e104290
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Last edited by Gundamnitpete at May 1, 2011,
Quote by bubb_tubbs
That's nice.

Ribbon cable and molex connectors have no place inside a guitar amp. Any guitar amp.

So you don't like peavey vypyrs then?
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
^ Nope.

It's also the reason I won't buy a Classic 30.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at May 1, 2011,
hnad! turn your mids up though, or else..
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Gundamnitpete
HNAD dude!!!

As far as leads, I'd say drop the gain a bit and boost your mids (lookin pretty scooped). With a clean boost, I play my 6262 around 4 on the gain, bass around 6, mids around 7, highs 5-6. And the 6260 apparently has more gain than the 6262, haha!

Here's how those settings sound for lead:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/GGAjam2.mp3?touch=s5e7CQ%3D%3D&w=3e104290

Yeah I was only scooping the mids for getting a feel of the amp, I like to use as many settings as possible when I get new stuff so I can get a feel of how the amp responds to EQ changes and stuff :P In fact both of the settings in those pics I only used for a couple of minutes.
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by Twistedrock
Yeah I was only scooping the mids for getting a feel of the amp, I like to use as many settings as possible when I get new stuff so I can get a feel of how the amp responds to EQ changes and stuff :P In fact both of the settings in those pics I only used for a couple of minutes.

Right right, just wanted to share some info

Mids or die!!!
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Right right, just wanted to share some info

Mids or die!!!

Yeah, I do like a lot of mids in my sound, gonna get a decent OD and EQ soon and I'll try out those settings aswell. Probably gonna save up for a decent set of tubes aswell, I've heard these stock Bugera ones are somewhat crappy.
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by bubb_tubbs
That's nice.

Ribbon cables have no place in computers either anymore. so 1997