Page 1 of 2
I'm just wondering what you think of the people you spend your time with. Friday night, while at a friend's house, we started talking about our social circle, and I kinda realized that I really don't like half the people in it. A lot of the people who consider themselves my friend are people that I honestly do my best to avoid whenever possible, because I just flatout hate being around them.

I was just curious, is it like this for anybody else? Are all of your friends genuinely your friend, or are there a lot of people you just tolerate?
I honestly think that's what friends are for. True friends are people you can hate openly without the fear of serious consequences.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I've had the same friends for maybe ten years. They've only grown in numbers though. I can't remember anyone who I "used to be friends with". If I was friends with them at some point, I'm friends with them now. But my main social group is really tight. There's some really awesome people in there that look out for each other. I've been pretty lucky with my friends.
Every one I would usually hang about with seem to have forgotten about me
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
I honestly think that's what friends are for. True friends are people you can hate openly without the fear of serious consequences.
I'm not sure how accurate that is. There are a lot of people who I genuinely love and care about. However, there's also the douchy people who no one really has the heart to tell to go away.
I have no problems with my main group of friends, they just all have girlfriends and most of them hang out with the same group of girls.
THEIR group of friends piss me the **** off.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG355OXM
Fender Mexican Deluxe Series Stratocaster
Fender Squire Bullet
Schecter Damien Elite 8
Yamaha F325 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey 5150 II Full stack
Peavey 2001 Studio Pro 112
Roland Micro Cube
Well, my group of friends that I hang out with daily is pretty crap, but my friends are awesome.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I have 2 really good friends, but I was in the same situation. hung out with a group of people all the time, then realized most of them have nothing in common with me and the only interest we share is sports teams, but they aren't even good fans. so I just stopped hanging out with them. now I've started making friends that are not only better people who don't do illegal things like cocaine all the time, but share more interests with me. feels good man
I Like Green!
There's always people who try to include themselves in the group who no one really likes.

My group of friends is pretty tight though

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by herby190
I'm not sure how accurate that is. There are a lot of people who I genuinely love and care about. However, there's also the douchy people who no one really has the heart to tell to go away.

It's just the way it's always been around here.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I don't like all of the people in my "group" but I'm close to 3 or 4 of them. I hang out with the rest of them because there's no reason for me to make things weird because I don't like someone, I can avoid them easily if I want to.
cat
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Me too.

18 months ago.

I've had a conversation about being more part of the group about 15 times with different people because I'm in a bad spot and need to socialize a bit. Nothing ever comes out of it. I wish they would just admit they dislike me...

That's what I don't get. No offence intended here, so sorry if it comes across that way.

People who get treated like you by their friends. You're in a bad place, so naturally your friends should help you and be there for you. You've stated that they haven't and aren't. Now, I don't understand why you're still friends with them. My sister's exactly the same. Her friends stab her in the back, bitch about her when she's not there etc, but she's still friends with them. If that was me, I woulda ditched them long ago.
My "main" group of friends is just me and 3 guys. Love 'em to death, dude.

As for our extended circle, that makes probably 7 or 8. I'd say we're fairly close, I like most of them well enough. Sure, there are lots of other people I like or hang out with, but they don't like the group, so I see no point in having them all socialize with each other, you know?

But in general the question of your friends is an interesting one to ask. I get the, "So why are we even friends?" things a lot.
When you're at my age you'll know who your friends are.

In my case, none. All my "friends" are those who want something and have nothing in return so piss on 'em.

There's nobody that's genuine here, sheez.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Jiggzy.UK

I've been in arguments with friends before, but I don't hate their guts. If you do, that's kinda f'ed up hanging out with them still.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Me too.

18 months ago.

I've had a conversation about being more part of the group about 15 times with different people because I'm in a bad spot and need to socialize a bit. Nothing ever comes out of it. I wish they would just admit they dislike me...

Do you ever make an honest attempt to actually hang out with them? Call them up? Anything?
I had two really close friends. For a few months, we went everywhere together.

I was the only one with a car. Two months ago, one of them got a car. Now they don't need me anymore. I haven't heard from either of them since.

I've not gone anywhere or seen anyone since.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by blake1221
What did you say to your mom?

Nothing to her, just to my friend.

EDIT: But, definitely not something I'd be able to say to my mom without consequences.
Last edited by Miniskirt at May 1, 2011,
so many of my friends are intolerable most of the time, but i deal with it. i hate all the drama between them, too.

also, i have this really loyal friend, but there's points where he's too loyal. hanging out with a girl would be considered ditching him.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Miniskirt
Nothing to her, just to my friend.

EDIT: But, definitely not something I'd be able to say to my mom without consequences.

Well, maybe your friend thought you crossed the line.
Just because they're your friend doesn't mean they need to agree with everything you do.
I've found that once I've gone into sixth form, I've realised who my true friends are. I can honestly say there's a group of about 12 or so people who I'd consider actual friends. There's other people who I wouldn't say I'm as close to, but I don't flat out hate them.
Quote by blake1221
Well, maybe your friend thought you crossed the line.
Just because they're your friend doesn't mean they need to agree with everything you do.

Well, I guess since he's no longer my friend, he can think what he wants now.

EDIT: But you are correct, for sure. He has a right to be offended as much as I have a right to be offended that this has caused him to delete/block me, which was our only source of communication after he moved cities.

It'll be inevitable that I'll see him again, though I'm not sure if we really should. It went pretty downhill between us over the last little while.
Last edited by Miniskirt at May 1, 2011,
I like to think I'm friends with my girlfriend, but that seems to be aside from the point. I have one really genuine friend, but she's a girl, so I get the usual 'your blatez shaggin her lol' comments from everyone, so I almost have to limit that (although, it's important to note that my lass - the only other real friend I have - trusts me).
I have someone who recently said I was his best friend, and while he's alright generally, he's very fickle, contradictory and a hipster in denial. Another friend who seems like he lives two completely contrasting lives, which makes me wonder if we only consider ourselves friends because we've known each other for nearly 10 years.
In yet another category, lies my previous best friend. We grew apart, and that's pretty much what became of that one, after being more or less joined at the hip for years. All I can say about that is '**** high school'.
What gets me through the week is the group of lads I go to the pub with, and those at work. And the latter group may all get sacked because of a bad stock count last night, despite the fact that there is ample evidence to suggest that there was some stealing done by other members of the workforce.

I got a little bit venty/off topic at the end there, but by my count, I have 2 good friends who I actually like, 2 decent friends, 6 acquaintances and 4 people I work with (one of whom is my sister).
One of them I've had a love/hate relationship with since elementary school. It used to be his anger management, but he's got that more or less in control now. Now it's his obsession with status and social acceptance. We've got him to stop with the fabricated stories of him sleeping with girls (the most ridiculous he came up with was a date with a famous singer. Yeah right, an 19-year-old, chubby Asian with a hot popstar in her twenties). He keeps going on about being prominent at his fraternity et cetera though.

Two other friends were in a relationship for a bit and that ended awkwardly a couple of months ago. The guy ended it and has been doing the dodgy thing of fooling around with the girl's now-ex-friend. I'd understand if he really liked this girl but he's still after another girl as well. Great guy but this whole ordeal has made me lose a lot of respect for him.

Out of group of about 15 people, so I'm really content with my friends.
Feel the same way OP. I honestly don't like the majority of people I hang with. I just do for now, I doubt that I'll still be hanging out with them after high school is over.
My group of friends I used to have I don't hang around with anymore. Long story. I had a best friend and we started hanging out with my girlfriend's friends who became our friends too. She dumped me and they helped me through it whilst my best friend tried to get with my ex. I told him quite honestly that he was a prick and I didn't want to speak to him again and although I still am friends with the others (and my girlfriend got back with me) I still don't hang around with them because of that one guy.

So I started hanging out with the guys I do guitar and funk band with, and I see myself as part of their friendship circle, but I'm never sure if the feeling is mutual. They are all really cool guys and I can talk to them about anything, but they've all known each other since they were like 5 so I feel like a bit of an outsider sometimes.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
Hehe, I can relate to that, TS. I'm always nice to people, which actually makes the really annoying people stick to me sometimes. Which is annoying.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
I have five friends that I almost never get mad at or disagree with, and hang out with almost daily when possible. Three of them live out of town, but only moved away within the last two year and still visit once or twice a year. There's another one who I hang out with a lot, but tends to not hold the same ideologies or sense of humour as me so sometimes we have arguments. As a whole I don't mind him though. So overall my group of friends is pretty decent.
I don't hang around with anyone, to be honest. In college I had 2 or 3 fairly large, separate friend groups. Over time they fell apart, and I only really stayed in the one group of 6 of us; me, my best friend, his fianceé, my (now ex) girlfriend, my other friend (now with my ex) and someone else who we got rid of. Complicated story, but I only talk to 2 of them anymore.
I'm so antisocial
Quote by herby190
A lot of the people who consider themselves my friend are people that I honestly do my best to avoid whenever possible, because I just flatout hate being around them.

This is exactly how it used to be at school, I only really liked a few people and had to tolerate the others just to make life easier for myself.

Thankfully things have changed quite a lot since coming to Uni, and the people I spend the most time with are people that I genuinely like. Then again, there are so many more people here so you don't really have to "tolerate" anyone, you can just avoid them!
As soon as my social life became less important (getting older and gf- grrr), I began to weed through the ones that I never would have consorted with to begin with, the ones that were solely classified as "needy takers", and the ones I had nothing in common with, except for bad habits.

I was left with one or two and they both are people I know from grade school that know me as well as I know them. Pals with lots of great memories and war stories, in-between us to talk about when we get together.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Eh, my "real" friends, like the ones I could talk to about anything, would probably be about 5 in number. Then again I have a few that are really good at cheering me up/just being around what-have-you.

Then again there are also many that I dislike yet seem to be friendly with. I guess I'm just nice? Or something.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
My friends are currently divided into three groups.

1. School friends (People I hang out with in class/at breaks, but never outside of school).
2. Filmmaking/Gaming friends (People I don't go to school with but enjoy. We play games and make crappy little films together).
3. My drinking "friends" (I don't particularly care for any of them, but they keep me company for a night out).
I don't like a lot of my friends' friends, but I just don't pay attention to them and don't hang out with them, and all is well. Mine isn't really a social circle, more a social web with lots of dangling threads I'd very much like to drown in napalm.
I like all of my close friends, that's why they're close friends. Sure they annoy me sometimes, but they all make up for it. I like most of my not as close too, or I wouldn't talk to them or hang out with them.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Page 1 of 2