Just picked up an RP1000 on CL last night for $225. My buddy Jeff bought a Black Cat Ring Modulator and flipped it on eBay for a couple hundred profit. So before it's packed up we recorded some jams with it. Both of us are plugged into my 67 Gibson Hawk, which has two inputs.

I'm playing rhythm on the RP1000 and responsible for all the bad notes Jeff does all the heavy lifting with two MXR Classic Overdrives and the Black Cat Ring Modulator. The Ring Mod kicks in later in the jam. The little Line 6 Backtrack sitting on the box is the mic and recorder. Here's picks of our setup and clips....

Black Cat Boogie
Slide Dreams
Black Cat Revisited

HNGD!!!

The RP1000 is awesome, I got mine for about $240 myself.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Cool. You don't see those old Black Cats very often. Usually I just see the fuzzes.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Apparently the Black Cat is a Maestro clone. My RP1000 has the Gonkulator ring mod and it does sound pretty cool. But there is no control in the Gonk for mod freq, which is how Jeff gets the wacky sweeping tones (starting @ 2:25 Black Cat Boogie and 2:55 Black Cat Revisited). The expression pedal in the pic is plugged into the control voltage input of the Ring Mod.

Seeing as how the Ring Mod are so expensive, even the simple Gonk goes for $200 on eBay. I'm thinking about building one with all the bells and whistles. There are schematics for Maestro online too.