I cannot stand anything but my blacktop tele. and it has unreal tone
Last edited by Jakerhythmshred at May 1, 2011,
Wrong forum brah.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Did you mean to say 'can play metal' or 'can't'?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Amazing. I must have missed the memo that said that guitars can play themselves now.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Single coil Tele's have a very unique tone for metal, but still very much a useable option. I know a lot of people who use Teles with stacked buckers, or even HH versions for metal.
i got a tele with a SD hot rails in the bridge that thing could do some metal.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
I play a fair amount of metal... Most of the time with a Telecaster Blackout Deluxe. Sounds pretty sweet after having the right amp settings..
strawman argument is strawman... when people say teles can't play metal they generally mean the ones loaded with vintage-output single coils.

If you whack EMGs or other high output humbuckers in there then of course they can play metal.

FWIW even the single coil ones *can* play metal... just normally there are better options unless that's the exact tone you're going for.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Any guitar can play any genre. Yeah you may have to change the pups for something more preferable but you don't have to.
Any guitar with the right pickups and the right player and the right amp can play any style...
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Zamorak
Any guitar with the right pickups and the right player and the right amp can play any style...

I dunno, there are some players, pickups and guitars I think shouldn't be playing any style at all.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Dave_Mc
strawman argument is strawman... when people say teles can't play metal they generally mean the ones loaded with vintage-output single coils.

If you whack EMGs or other high output humbuckers in there then of course they can play metal.

FWIW even the single coil ones *can* play metal... just normally there are better options unless that's the exact tone you're going for.
Correct! The Squier CV Tele sounds massive through the VH4 or Twin Jet ... in fact there's something about the SC + massive gain.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I dunno, there are some players, pickups and guitars I think shouldn't be playing any style at all.

Well its a good thing music is subjective
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
it's all about the pickups, not the body shape
what's the difference between a drug dealer and a prostitute?

a drug dealer can't wash his crack and sell it again
Quote by Jakerhythmshred
i did mean cant. my tele is amazing for metal

I don't believe you.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Yngwie Malmsteen Uses a strat but his single coils high output, his seymour duncan YJM Fury Bridge has a output of 25.65K o.O
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez RGA42FM with EMG 81/85 with 18 volt mod
Marshall Valvestate VS102R
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ
hahaha your welcome, its crazy that it has higher output than a seymour duncan sh-8 invader which is seymour duncan highest output humbucker. *_*
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ
Quote by Offworld92
Amazing. I must have missed the memo that said that guitars can play themselves now.

I take like a 2 month break from the forums and look what happens.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
Any guitar can play any genre. Yeah you may have to change the pups for something more preferable but you don't have to.

that's a bit like saying you can run in any shoes. Sure you can, but some are more designed for running than others.

Quote by Creeping_Kwano
it's all about the pickups, not the body shape

it's about a bunch of things.

Certainly I'd find it difficult to play metal (i play a lot of lead) using a vintage-spec tele- small radius, narrow frets, 21 frets... to me those things are probably more important than the pickups. The body shape kinda digs into you a bit too.

Obviously I'm not saying the pickups aren't important- given the free choice I'd have metal-voiced pickups in there too.

But it's certainly not just the pickups.

Funnily enough I actually think the stock construction and woods of fenders work really well for metal- bolt-on maple neck and ash or alder body = awesome tight tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You've gotten it all wrong. You've gotta have a dimebucker in your tele to do metal.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Don't forget lots of fancy pedals!

And a vertical stack, with two frontman(/men?). They give you that real high gain. Hendrix used them, you know!
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by LeakyFlask

Quote by Greed18
hahaha your welcome, its crazy that it has higher output than a seymour duncan sh-8 invader which is seymour duncan highest output humbucker. *_*

I'm fairly sure that the Invader is not Duncan's highest output pickup.

The El Diablo is the highest, if I'm not mistaken.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at May 1, 2011,
I have no idea who that is (and since he's wearing camo shorts that extend to his socks, he's probably not worth knowing about anyways), but great photoshopping job with the Jinx face.

Dunno how I missed that the first time through.

Quote by MatrixClaw

I'm fairly sure that the Invader is not Duncan's highest output pickup.

The El Diablo is the highest, if I'm not mistaken.

yeah but isn't that a custom shop model ?.?
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ
Quote by bubb_tubbs

LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey