Next Wednesday im planning to go to USA and I'm thinking on buying the Tech 21 VT bass and the Aphex Punch Factory. The thing is that I have the Sansamp Bass Driver DI, my question is, the VT bass and the BDDI are the same or do they have some major differences ?
Quote by thegiaco2112
Next Wednesday im planning to go to USA and I'm thinking on buying the Tech 21 VT bass and the Aphex Punch Factory. The thing is that I have the Sansamp Bass Driver DI, my question is, the VT bass and the BDDI are the same or do they have some major differences ?

From what I heard the vt is a ampeg svt head in a box basically if your amp is good and set right it will be likea svt
Well they're both made by the same company with the same sound in mind, so I would assume they'd be very similar.

Is the VT a preamp too? If not, that would be your difference there.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Haven't they brought out a VT Deluxe with a D.I. out as well, or am I just imagining things?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by thegiaco2112

There are some crossover tones in the two units. The main difference is that the Bass Driver DI has the DI functions as well as the SansAmp emulation circuitry. Both units can be used like traditional stomp boxes and can be used as preamps to drive a power amp or the power section of an amp with an effects loop. They are also very useful for going direct to the board.

In terms of tones the Bass Driver DI has a more modern scooped mids type of bass tone where the VT Bass is more vintage with Ampeg SVT and B15 type of sounds.

There are numerous video on YouTube. Here are a couple:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tnd1vjtkIk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8kdWpB3U4&feature=related
I <3 my Tech 21 VT, but havn't had chance to cmpare it directly to the Sansamp, but I do deffo recomend them, its the secret to my new badass tone
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"