Hey.I don't own an electric guitar and have a Yamaha F370 acoustic guitar.
Its fretboard is very rough (maybe thats how all acoustic ones are).

The thing is when I bend the strings I feel that harsh rubbing of the string and the fret board.Is getting worn out?One guy in a music shop had told me that we must never distort on an acoustic much.Is it true?But how can we play anything without bending the strings?

Is this fine?Is it going to damage the fretboard?

I use the guitar a lot and for long.And the fretboard seems so rough all the time.I see patches on it.

And...is it necessary to keep removing strings every now and then.For me its like,
I put on the strings and never touch them until they need a replacement.Is it fine?

Thank You
You should probably take the strings off and clean the fret board, those patches are likely just dirt and not scuffs. Its very easy for the dirt from your fingers to transfer over to the fretboard over a long period of time - Unless you have old and rusty strings, which brings me to your next question.

Strings should be replaced ethier when you feel they sound too dull, or they are rusting. if Indeed your strings are rusting, then bending on those frets will most likely scuff your fretboard.

Other than that, bending is fine on an acoustic. You wont be able to bend as far becuase the action on acoustics is generally set higher than that of electrics, but you should still be able to get a pretty deep one in there, just listen to some acoustic blues its fairly common.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
my strings aren't rusted yet.They're fine but are old.1 year old!
Do strings last so long?I play a lot.

You wont be able to bend as far becuase the action on acoustics is generally set higher than that of electrics, but you should still be able to get a pretty deep one in there,

Please explain that.
If you play a lot, a year is likely way too long between string changes. When you do put on a new set, you'll likely be amazed at how much different the guitar sounds.

You tend to just get used to the way old ones sound... BTW, strings very seldom "rust", the wound ones are after all bronze/copper alloys which can experience other sorts of corrosion but rust is pretty much a ferrous-metal thing.

What they do get is cruddy. Dirt, skin oil, skin cells, dust...All builds up in between the windings and makes them sound muddy and dull. That's one of the reasons for the current crop of "coated" strings; they don't build up so much crud.

As to your fretboard... When you remove the old strings, get some fine steel wool (make sure it's "fine"; OOO or so) and use that to clean the fret board. A little bit of lemon oil can't hurt.
Check out the Frets.com site and read the "general maintenance" articles for specifics.