I am going through my friend's CD that I recorded for her and on one of her songs the piano is "resonating" or "humming" too much on certain chords. How do I get rid of it because it is annoying? I was thinking maybe a certain frequency in the EQ or maybe using a DeEsser but I'm not sure. I'm going to keep trying different things so hope to hear back from somebody asap. Thanks
A noise gate would also help with that... and fuddling around with the EQ certainly could not hurt
Quote by scimitar_255
A noise gate would also help with that... and fuddling around with the EQ certainly could not hurt

I didn't think of a noise gate. I'll try that and see if it works
A noise gate won't really do anything. EQ or multi band compression are what are going to tame certain frequencies and stop them from resonating too much. Sweep an EQ boost up and down until you locate the offending frequencies, then either set up some multi band compression in those areas, or automate EQ cuts to tame them when they get too loud. Multi band compression is probably going to be the quicker and easier way to do this.