I'm looking for bands primarily metal, were the lead guitarist is also the lead singer (Bodom for example).
They aren't anywhere near as heavy as Bodom but I'm sure Claudio from Coheed & Cambria sings and plays lead, or at least he plays some leads. Try Machine Head too, thats a similar situation in that they both play leads at different times but he doesn't play many solos as far as I know
Opeth, Trivium, Machine Head, those are the only I know of off the top of my head. I think Marduk too.
Quote by reversegenesis
They aren't anywhere near as heavy as Bodom but I'm sure Claudio from Coheed & Cambria sings and plays lead, or at least he plays some leads. Try Machine Head too, thats a similar situation in that they both play leads at different times but he doesn't play many solos as far as I know

I'm not saying they have to be like Bodom or anything, was just giving that as example.
Zakk Wylde in Black Label Society
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Want a guy who can REALLY sing, and play a sick lead guitar?

Justin Hawkins from the Darkness. Not quiet metal, but just as badass.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
not exactly metal but Joel O'Keefe of Airbourne.
Originally Posted by KamiKaze_fightr
as this was an obvious reference. i would like to say, there is a difference between a french woman yelling shit, and a woman yelling french shit, for some reason i picture that getting sigged xD lol
none of these are metal (though muse can get metal-like sometimes) jimmy hendrix, jack white, claudio sanchez, matt bellamy, robert cray, bb king, green day, brandon benson, george benson (not related), and imo, the king of singing and playing; jeff buckely (not lead, but some of his guitar parts are probably harder then most lead parts. theres times where he's singing, playing a simple countermelody AND accompaniment on his guitar, at the same time).
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
Stevie Ray Vaughan

Vocals, Lead and Rhythm guitar.

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at May 1, 2011,
Quote by doomtron
Megadeth

isnt chris more of the lead then dave?
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
windir
helloween
wintersun
bodom
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.