Hey guys i know this has been asked probably before, but how good is MI? Here is a little background abut myself. I'm going to graduate in june, Ive been playing for 2 and a half years now. I consider myself decent i know a decent amount of theory. I've got a band going and its the most popular band in my town in southern CA. I write or co write most of the songs. So im no beginner but i still have a lot to learn. Music is a passion of mine and its what i look forward to during the day, is to either play my guitar or just go jam.

My question is, is it worth going to this school over another college? (I would just go to a community college if i didnt go to MI). Would this school boost my playing significantly?

https://www.facebook.com/KitchenSC theres my band if any of you are feeling bold to look at it.
This question has been asked a few times here, and from what I can remember, most of the responses say that getting an actual university degree is better than going to Musicians Institute.

I think GuitarMunky went there, he'll have some good insight.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I'm considering going there from England so it'd be nice to see what responses people have to this question.
All the money in the fucking world
Couldn't buy me a second of trust
Or one ounce of faith in anything you're about
Fuck you all!

-War Nerve, Pantera

A real man doesn't need to see the future, he makes his own- Solid Snake, MGS1
Quote by jalaniftw
Hey guys i know this has been asked probably before, but how good is MI? Here is a little background abut myself. I'm going to graduate in june, Ive been playing for 2 and a half years now. I consider myself decent i know a decent amount of theory. I've got a band going and its the most popular band in my town in southern CA. I write or co write most of the songs. So im no beginner but i still have a lot to learn. Music is a passion of mine and its what i look forward to during the day, is to either play my guitar or just go jam.

My question is, is it worth going to this school over another college? (I would just go to a community college if i didnt go to MI). Would this school boost my playing significantly?

https://www.facebook.com/KitchenSC theres my band if any of you are feeling bold to look at it.

I got ALOT more out community college then I did at MI. In terms of education, GIT was bits and pieces, taught in a disjunct way, and not very deep. It does look good on the brochure though.

If you go the community college/ university route, you'll get a better education and a degree that's worth at least a little more than the paper it's printed on. And depending on the specific degree it may actually get you a job.

What MI offers is on the brochure.... Sunny Hollywood. Live in the heart of the industry. Celebs all around. They forgot about the gangs selling crack on the corner though.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at May 1, 2011,
Hmm ok, thanks a bunch GuitarMunky! i guess ill just go to comunity college and take some theory classes there and hope for the best
Quote by Dime'sDisciple
I'm considering going there from England so it'd be nice to see what responses people have to this question.

There's tons of better music colleges than MI right there in england
How good I think can be easily found from the alumni... And MI has create may great guitarist.

But, to me learn guitar is like learn computer programming.. it's a hobby. It means, you can be an pretty good at it, even before you entering colledge or school,