Hey all,

I'm in need of a chorus pedal too add a little something to my clean and lead tones and was hoping some of you guys could offer a little advice as to what one would be best for me.

You can see my setup in my sig. I play mostly blues and rock with a little harder rock mixed in there too. Think Zeppelin, Gun's, The black keys, stones, the band, ect...

So far I have been looking mainly at the MXR Micro Chorus mainly because of it's price and simplicity. From the demos of it that I have heard so far, it sounds pretty killer too.

I live in St.Johns Newfoundland where there are a couple of fairly large music stores so ordering in gear shouldn't be too much of a problem. I don't really have a budget but I would like to keep in under $200. I am open to any suggestions but I will say I will not buy a Boss pedal (I despise their chorus).

Thanks in advance!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
GNR chorus = CE-2

It also does a really convincing Stairway if you don't want to play a 12-string. (cuz they're ghey)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I heard Zakk Wyldes mxr chorus pedal was badass but I haven't played it personally.
the mxr was alright, it was very intense and had no depth controls. it almost sounded flanger like. simplicity is nice but id rather have more control. look into the deltalab chorus. ive owned both these and i loved the deltalab, mostly because of how subtle it could get. but since you have a pretty high budget, check out fulltone dejavibe. iv never owned one but they are fairly renowned.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by bubb_tubbs
GNR chorus = CE-2

It also does a really convincing Stairway if you don't want to play a 12-string. (cuz they're ghey)

I've tried it and really disliked it. It sounded too fake to me.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by Sulfur183
I heard Zakk Wyldes mxr chorus pedal was badass but I haven't played it personally.

It is. I don't own it, but my friend did, mainly because he likes how Wylde uses it and figured why get a different unit?

What's that 200 roughly translate to? The TC Elec. Corona looks like a pretty good steal at about 130 US. I also like the Visual Sounds Liquid Chorus. Both of those have a lot of versatility in them.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
the mxr was alright, it was very intense and had no depth controls. it almost sounded flanger like. simplicity is nice but id rather have more control. look into the deltalab chorus. ive owned both these and i loved the deltalab, mostly because of how subtle it could get. but since you have a pretty high budget, check out fulltone dejavibe. iv never owned one but they are fairly renowned.

Cool. I'll check it out.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
The TC Electronic Corona looks sick. I'm definitely going to have to try it out my self.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Boss CE-5. Did everything I wanted it to do, and more. I only got rid of it when I got my M9.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Boss CE-5. Did everything I wanted it to do, and more. I only got rid of it when I got my M9.

Must be nice to be able to park anywhere.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Must be nice to be able to park anywhere.

.......lulz?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08

Like I said in my original post, I despise the sound of boss pedals. It seems like for the price, the TC Corona chorus is probably the best buy. I just gotta try it out first.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by souperman08
.......lulz?

Not surprised it went over your head.

Suggesting a CE-5 (crap) when he already stated he doesn't like the CE-2 is borderline retarded.