i have tripped across them and they seem to look awesome especially the mondial sportster and the mondial classic I was seriously thinking about buying a fender 52 hot rod tele reissue until i found these they are cheaper too!
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
I would suggest that you should still get that hot rod tele. :P After all, it's a Fender.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

haven't tried them...

trev wilkinson stuff is normally fairly decent

but i mean a nova is cheaper than a ferrari too...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Sakke
I would suggest that you should still get that hot rod tele. :P After all, it's a Fender.

this - not "because it's a fender so it must be better lolz", though, but because the hot rod tele is just in a different league (hence a different price range).

italias are interesting guitars and pretty good for the money, but if your budget is big enough for an AV fender, it's not really worth going for anything that much cheaper.

i want a rimini 12-string though
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at May 1, 2011,
italia mondial classic http://www.italiaguitars.com/new/guitar/mon_01.html i would get it in black or white and its really cool because its like the old airline res-o-glas bodies except its this brands rendition

italia mondial sprotster http://www.italiaguitars.com/new/guitar/mon_03.html i would also get either black or white and the body is made out of korina and i have heard that it is an AMAZING tonewood
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Quote by Blompcube
this - not "because it's a fender so it must be better lolz", though, but because the hot rod tele is just in a different league (hence a different price range).

italias are interesting guitars and pretty good for the money, but if your budget is big enough for an AV fender, it's not really worth going for anything that much cheaper.

i dunno... if you don't care about nitro, an mij tokai will give that fender a pretty good run for its money...

but i'd agree that the fender is probably in a different league to the italia
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i dunno... if you don't care about nitro, an mij tokai will give that fender a pretty good run for its money...

but i'd agree that the fender is probably in a different league to the italia

ah yeah, i forgot tokai makes fender copies.

i also assumed he'd be looking at single coily italias that would do fender-ish tones.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

yeah, i think (not too well up on italias) they're the humbucker ones? Could be wrong, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i think (not too well up on italias) they're the humbucker ones? Could be wrong, though.

yep, both dual humbuckers.

i think most italia models have humbuckers

i have recently been wanting a fender-ish sounding guitar thus me being interested in the tele but i love how the italias look plus the one has a fiber glass top and thats something i have always wanted
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

^^ yeah, but a couple have single coils, i think.

^ if you want a more fendery sound but with the italia looks, a couple of their models have single coils, i think. Or at least one does.

EDIT: are you in the UK?

If so you could always consider picking up an MIJ tokai breezysound (~£500 or so) plus the italia (i don't think the single coil italias have the fibreglass top).

Just another option.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 1, 2011,
nope im in the states and im willing to give up the fender sound for a guitar that looks so great with humbuckers it will be just as pleasing
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

oh ok, no worries
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i just found out that the italia classic has a piezo in the bridge and 2 outputs i think i might be sold
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive