Page 1 of 2
So...

My girlfriend came to meet me from work today as a little surprise, as we were walking home, a large group of drunk guys walked past, one of them said something along the lines of "whats she doing with a c*nt like him?" quite loudly so that we could both hear.

After that lovely incident I was approaching my street when surprise, surprise another group of arseholes... This time one of drunk chavs asked me if my girlfriend was good in bed

Both of these times my girlfriend pulled me away before I had time to think or say anything, when I'm at a nightclub and I've had a bit too much to drink I usually stand up for myself, fighting some prick who is showing off in front of his friends regardless if he is with a load of his mates, I'm not some hard-ass who walks around in tight vests all day looking for a fight, I'm just a regular, friendly guy.

The whole thing has put a downer on my day, and left me feeling like I should of bitch slapped the douches who said stuff, the fact is though, I know full well that if I had said something I would of gotten my ass whooped by a huge group of chavs.

Has the Pit had any similar experiences?

(also inb4 "you're a pussy you should have killed them" I had my girlfriend with me, I wouldn't have wanted her to get dragged into anything)
I get into similar situations with chavs in mornings on weekdays. The chavs go to a secondary school, which happens to be literally right next the grammar school I go to. So they try and call me nerd, boff etc so I just tell them to get a fvcking education and they get mad.

Even though these chavs weren't drunk [for once], I beat them at their own game [since they got the most annoyed]. Do the same with drunks, but carry a pipe or have a group of friends with you.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Well, the way I've always seen it- you have three options.

1. You can ignore them like you did.
2. You can retaliate, verbally or physically.
3. You can mess with them.

I prefer the third.
I know a little French and Spanish so I like to use those other languages and act like I don't understand what's going on. Another fun thing to do- try improving a story. Like, you're on the way to the hospital to see you're girlfriend's dad who's taken a turn for the worse.

The reactions you get are hiliarous
and harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene
Are you really gonna let yourself be bothered by the drunken ramblings of some drunk dipshit on the street?
Check out my band Disturbed
Just keep swimming, bro.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
uppercut to the juggular/windpipe region, or to the bottom of the nose.

he'll either black out or die, either is good.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I wouldn't worry too much, I'd have been the exact same as you were but by holding back during that specific situation just remember your'e above them, id' have thought it's unlikely you'll see them again anyway. If you're girlfriend wasn't there and there weren't as many chavs i'd say kick their candy asses haha but yeah don't worry too much, you did the right/smart thing for the situation
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Quote by StewieSwan
Are you really gonna let yourself be bothered by the drunken ramblings of some drunk dipshit on the street?

mmm... its just one of those silly "male pride" things I guess
inb4 shitstorm of 'wtf is a chav'

but every brit has to deal with a couple of dicks every now and then. the best thing to do is do what you're doing now. share it with a forum so people can give you some pointless memes and objectivity to set your mind at ease, reminding you chavs will be dirty chavs and you're better than that to stoop down to their level.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I'm very glad you spelled cunt "c*nt", because I am very sensitive to bad language and reading the word "cunt" can be very distressful to me.

But seriously, you don't really need to do anything.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Woffelz
I get into similar situations with chavs in mornings on weekdays. The chavs go to a secondary school, which happens to be literally right next the grammar school I go to. So they try and call me nerd, boff etc so I just tell them to get a fvcking education and they get mad.

Even though these chavs weren't drunk [for once], I beat them at their own game [since they got the most annoyed]. Do the same with drunks, but carry a pipe or have a group of friends with you.

I went to a grammar school too. Girls from the comprehensive over the road used to call us boffs, etc, and one time one of them spat chewing gum at my hair. The gum bounced right off my hair, which was pretty lucky (super hair? I think so), and she looked like a chubbier version of Vicky Pollard, so I just kind of looked at her like I was trying not to laugh and walked on. Chavs aren't worth the time, lol.

Drunken chavs are a bit of a worry, but I usually just keep my head down and ignore them. If one of them wants to try something, they're welcome, because I think my fingernails look awesome with chav eyes stuck on them.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Just ignore them. Getting into a fight over sit like that is stupid, especially when you are outnumbered. Add that to the fact that you have your girl with you and that whole thing could tun into a lot of trouble.

Unfortunately, some people just don't know when to grow up...
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Just keep swimming, bro.

I don't know why, but that made me smile. Thanks.
There's not much you can do.
Which is the sad truth.

It's better to leave the situation and even though it feels bad, it would be a lot worse with confrontation. You can't really win, but you can be more of a loser. It's unfair, but you'll make the right decision.

Chavs are people who abuse their free education and use their childish non educated selves to annoy everyone else in groups.
Bring petrol bombs next time. They disperse the group easier.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Xomar
Well, the way I've always seen it- you have three options.

1. You can ignore them like you did.
2. You can retaliate, verbally or physically.
3. You can mess with them.

I prefer the third.
I know a little French and Spanish so I like to use those other languages and act like I don't understand what's going on. Another fun thing to do- try improving a story. Like, you're on the way to the hospital to see you're girlfriend's dad who's taken a turn for the worse.

The reactions you get are hiliarous

That could get you stabbed over here... Europe is growing way more nationalistic again. It sucks.

Like, you never know when one of those you pass of as regulars drunks is one of those douches who are just looking for a reason to fight.

I say, just keep walking. You'll get used to them.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Last edited by Penn100 at May 1, 2011,
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
mmm... its just one of those silly "male pride" things I guess

If you think it makes your gf think less of you I can understand but come on...they're drunk. You walk and ignore them. As far as you know, they won't remember anything they said that night.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson

The whole thing has put a downer on my day, and left me feeling like I should of bitch slapped the douches who said stuff, the fact is though, I know full well that if I had said something I would of gotten my ass whooped by a huge group of chavs.

Quote by Capt_Clarkson

The whole thing has put a downer on my day, and left me feeling like I should of bitch slapped the douches who said stuff

Quote by Capt_Clarkson

left me feeling like I should of bitch slapped

Quote by Capt_Clarkson

should of

The weird thing is you got it right further down your post.

OT; I must be intimidating because whenever i run into a group of drunk chavs they'll shout the usual profanities, I'll turn and face them then they'll mutter apologies and scarper off.
Quote by SG_dave

The weird thing is you got it right further down your post.

OT; I must be intimidating because whenever i run into a group of drunk chavs they'll shout the usual profanities, I'll turn and face them then they'll mutter apologies and scarper off.

wanna hang sometime?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I've found the best way to annoy them is to literally blank it. Don't even turn your head, as if they weren't there.
Quote by laid-to-waste
wanna hang sometime?

I don't understand it. I'm 6 foot and weigh 11 and a half stone wet through.
Though despite being 19 and having no fighting skill i've been told i look 25 or over and that i could handle myself in a scrap.
Thanks everyone, you've helped me realise I did the right thing

... I think this is the nicest the pit has ever been to me
Quote by esther_mouse
I went to a grammar school too. Girls from the comprehensive over the road used to call us boffs, etc, and one time one of them spat chewing gum at my hair. The gum bounced right off my hair, which was pretty lucky (super hair? I think so), and she looked like a chubbier version of Vicky Pollard, so I just kind of looked at her like I was trying not to laugh and walked on. Chavs aren't worth the time, lol.

Drunken chavs are a bit of a worry, but I usually just keep my head down and ignore them. If one of them wants to try something, they're welcome, because I think my fingernails look awesome with chav eyes stuck on them.

I get pleasure out of insulting the chavs that mock intelligence.
and +18574.85t3 for the Little Britain reference!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Don't feed the trolls in real life either.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Don't feed the trolls in real life either.

This.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
And also, if you did try to fight more than one, chances are at least one of them has a knife, it's better to be able to walk away
Last edited by DaveM666 at May 1, 2011,
Over here we have drunk cholos that try to do the same thing. The best thing to do is just ignore them and not take anything personally.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
all they did was say something about you, no big deal, you can deal with it,

its until someone says something about the girl or tries to do something to her when the hulk comes out
--------

Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive. Just because you're human doesn't mean you have to die.

the gear:
gibson sg
marshall mg100fx head/4x12 slant cab
im a minimalist.
At the end of the day, you're the cunt with the bitch and he's the drunk forever alone guy.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Walk away. Easiest option.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Nothing with drunk guys. But once while me and 2 of my friends were walking around near my house this group of like 12 guys (All black by the way, just stating facts) and like 4 chicks come up behind us and yell "Hey where are you going." We just kinda turned around and looked at them like "Seriously?" so they walked up to us, one of them comes up to me and goes "Give me 3 reasons I shouldn't punch you in the face right now." so I said "I've never met you, I've never said a word to you, and I have no quarrel with you." so he just went ahead and punched me, then he backed behind his friends, came up to one of my other buddys and punched him, (Which by the way broke his nose to the point where the entire bridge of his nose is no longer real) he backed away again and before we could even react they all ran away.

Another thing in the same area, we were walking out of a wawa (Convenience store in our area) and one of my friends asked us something along the lines of "What flavor is original flavor gum?" then this group of kids gets up like "What did you say?" which was followed by about 5 minutes of them threatening us and accusing us of being racist and calling them stupid, it ended in one guy turning around and telling us we had til 3 and if he turned around and we were still there he'd "**** us up"... so we left.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by biga29
At the end of the day, you're the cunt with the bitch and he's the drunk forever alone guy.

this^^ ... but yea you tottally did the right thing, unless they lay hands on u or her first just ignoring them is the best way to go.
My E-Family

Quote by Scyther
Banned are vic and rebel at it again? Do I need to get the hose?

Quote by Oyface
What a rare sight, a non ignorant christian.

UG's Most Attractive Female 2011!!

PM me if you are ready for a jail break
Quote by Silver-spear94
uppercut to the juggular/windpipe region, or to the bottom of the nose.

he'll either black out or die, either is good.

Your gullibillity amuses me.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
We have people like that in America, but we call them 'rednecks'. They are the scummiest cretins in the world.
I pull out a knife thrust it into the nearest one, twist it and then pull it out and leave him lying in the street as his friends run like the bastarded cowards they are...

Or,

I just ignore them and carry on walking down the street.
@ people talking about drunk chavs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auiYBtx-Vxw

OT: I prefer messing with them. Best example is when me and my friends were walking home from a bar on St Paddys night, and some drunk was sitting on some steps. He started pointing and laughing at us. We weren't drunk or anything, but we thought it'll be great if we messed with him. So we just stood staring at him in a non-menacing way and he started getting really freaked out
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
If you were in America you could buy a gun and shoot them all.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
This time one of drunk chavs asked me if my girlfriend was good in bed

well...

is she?
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Anyone saying to ignore it and act like they didn't say anything is just stupid. That will get your head caved. If there are a group of drunks that are quite large and intimidating (usually who try's to start something), they usually say something along the lines of "Oi ******.....Your a fag." And i generally say something along the lines of "Cheers buddy, have a good one" And walk off. Hasn't got me into any trouble yet

And of course, if they're smaller/in a smaller group, feel free to do what you feel necessary haha.
Page 1 of 2