I was jamming with my bassist the other day and he showed me this thing on his bass that when he pressed the lever or switch it loosened his E string to D. Says I can get them for guitar too, for only like $50! Is he right? What would I be looking for? I have an Ibanez RG
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG3EXFM1-Electric-Guitar-104831474-i1400085.gc
That one in particular. It has a fixed bridge, no tremolo or anything.

I saw something called a D-tuna but it sounded like it was for a floyd rose setup.

Help me out guys?

Also, is it worth it, is it reliable, can I install one myself easily, etc. etc.?
I think you should just train your ear to hear it. I can bring a guitar to drop D in 2 to 5 seconds, usually on the faster side. Same with bringing it back to E. Both with acoustic and electric guitars. It'd be much more beneficial to train your ear.

I pluck the low E and D at the same time to drop the E, and pluck the low E (while being D) and the high e at the same time and bring back the E.
PM to contact me -- For Sale:
ESP X-Tone series hard case
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Quote by jnukes2
I think you should just train your ear to hear it. I can bring a guitar to drop D in 2 to 5 seconds, usually on the faster side. Same with bringing it back to E. Both with acoustic and electric guitars. It'd be much more beneficial to train your ear.

I pluck the low E and D at the same time to drop the E, and pluck the low E (while being D) and the high e at the same time and bring back the E.

I can already do this but in a band situation it's impossible to hear my guitar tuning while everyone is doing whatever, our drummer never stops drumming so it's impossible for me to get the done with all the racket, I normally just bring my tuner and tune it real quick, but I still think $50 for this is nothing at all and would be useful
ya they're called D-tuna, i think eddie van halen had something to do with them....ive never seen them on a non floyd guitar though
I think it's a hiPshot d-tuner, different to the EVH "d-tuna".
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Hipshot Xtender, I mean. It replaces one of your tuners.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Last edited by Gundamnitpete at May 1, 2011,
ask your bassist? this is what i would've done when he told you about them
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by WtrPlyr
Morpheus Droptune

Does not drop tune only one string on your guitar

Seriously though, just buy a decent pedal tuner, and have it always plugged into your amp. Much more useful than a drop tuner on your headstock (which requires that your guitar be in perfect tune in the first place to work).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at May 1, 2011,
Quote by Zero111311

Yep, thats it. I've never had one but my guitar teacher told me about them.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps: