Hi Blade / Levinson players!

Just obtained an AMAZING Blade California Custom (either 2000 or 2001).

Few questions!

• Does anyone have an explanation for how to use the electronics? (still trying to figure out the active/passive thing - ha)
  • If I wanted to swap out the pick-guard (it's a dark see-through now), where can I buy a replacement? Or does any standard strat pickguard fit?
  • This came without a tremolo bar - can I just buy a standard bar or do Blades have a special size?

Thanks for all your help!
Last edited by delfinparis at May 1, 2011,
1) The small button will allow you to switch between active and passive. One small note, I'd swap the battery for a new one. Of course the one currently in there doesn't have to be (almost) empty, but there's a pretty good chance it is. As for the rest, there's a standard five way switch and you might want to check by (gently!) pulling the tone and volume knobs if it has a coil split for the bridge humbucker.

2) I'm afraid this is a custom shape. To get a new one, you'd either have to be extremely lucky and find one on Ebay or with a bit of luck, a modified Strat guard will fit, although you may have to end up getting someone to build a new one for you.

3) As far as I know Blade didn't make their own bridges, so check for any brand names to identify what arm you'll need. Easy solution: take it to a guitar shop and ask them if they have a suitable arm in stock.

Most importantly, enjoy your new guitar
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at May 1, 2011,
Thanks!

The toggle switch has three positions - up, down, and middle. Still not sure how it works. Ha.

As for the coil split, there's a push in (kind of the opposite of a pot), which I assume does the split.
Quote by delfinparis
Thanks!

The toggle switch has three positions - up, down, and middle. Still not sure how it works. Ha.

As for the coil split, there's a push in (kind of the opposite of a pot), which I assume does the split.

This might be handy:

http://www.bladeguitars.com/fileadmin/user_upload/products/features/VSC%20Chart.pdf

Assuming your guitar has VSC.

As for the trem bar, it seems current Blade's are equipped with Levinson bridges, so chances are yours is one as well.

EDIT: given that Gary Levinson founded Blade, I'm going to assume they have always come with Levinson hardware
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at May 1, 2011,
yeah if i remember correctly, one position has the vsc off, one is like a treble and bass boost, and the other is like a mid boost. I think you can also tweak the eq of those boosts inside the cavity somewhere.

EDIT: very nice guitar Really liked the blades I've tried. Is that one of the badass japanese ones?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?