Hey all.
I'm thinking about buying a marshall mg100hdfx, I came across this concern of getting a straight or angled cabs.
I don't know what the differences are but I doubt that the changes are big.
Post on!
Don't do it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
First of, I advice you not to get an MG, since they are practice amps, and pretty worthless if they're bigger than 30 watts.

Straight cabs tend to be a bit bassier (more kow end, that is), while angeled cabs spread the sound more, and have slightly less low end.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
First of, I advice you not to get an MG, since they are practice amps, and pretty worthless if they're bigger than 30 watts.

Straight cabs tend to be a bit bassier (more kow end, that is), while angeled cabs spread the sound more, and have slightly less low end.

What half stack would you recommend me.
I'm still going to practice through this thing.
Both of my neighboors turn music on really loud, sometimes it keeps me awake especially by the bitch trying to sing nice, but honestly, she doesn't.
So I guess I'd get a half stack.
50 watts should be enough though.
Quote by liampje
Both of my neighboors turn music on really loud, sometimes it keeps me awake especially by the bitch trying to sing nice, but honestly, she doesn't.

More speakers does not = more volume
and, stop being childish.

However i'd recommend maybe a blackstar ht 20 or ht 40, both are plenty loud for practice and the 40 even for gigging plus they will sound leaps and bounds better than an mg.
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
i got a Marshall Classic 5, and its crazy. put some pedals infront. i had a Marshall MG... dont, please dont. i tried other ones, buy another amp
Quote by liampje

at the price of an mg half stack(100 or 50 wattss) you could easily get yourself a decent tube amp which will sound alot better
peavey classic 30 and bugeras V22 come to mind
and they are plenty loud
Marshall = overpriced if outside of the uk
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by liampje

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

Also, there's almost never any use of a halfstack, unless you gig and know that you really need a halfstack for your desired tone.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by !-twisty-!
More speakers does not = more volume
and, stop being childish.

However i'd recommend maybe a blackstar ht 20 or ht 40, both are plenty loud for practice and the 40 even for gigging plus they will sound leaps and bounds better than an mg.
More speakers still gives thicker sound.
Quote by liampje
More speakers still gives thicker sound.

Oh, come on. If you want our help, give us something to work with.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
To be honest, if you want a stack and you're playing at home, take your pick of the Bugeras and a used cab like I did, my Bugera and Cab came to about £400 altogether and the tone from this thing is godly compared to an MG.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Don't buy the MG dood, at least not one thats 100w.

I'm on your side about more speakers giving a bigger sound and such but i do like a really full tone anyway but i don't see how anyone can really recommend you any amp yet as no one here knows what kind of sound you want / what music you play.

I mean, i use a marshall tsl60 into a 2x12 and that gets me the sounds i want, but that might not mean anything to you if you played really high gain stuff and wanted a modern metal tone for instance.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at May 1, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
Don't buy the MG dood, at least not one thats 100w.

I'm on your side about more speakers giving a bigger sound and such but i do like a really full tone anyway but i don't see how anyone can really recommend you any amp yet as no one here knows what kind of sound you want / what music you play.

I mean, i use a marshall tsl60 into a 2x12 and that gets me the sounds i want, but that might not mean anything to you if you played really high gain stuff and wanted a modern metal tone for instance.

I'm boosting the amps overdrive with a distortion.
But anyways is the Marshall MA50C any good?
The reason I chose combo now is because it has 2 speakers and saves me €400-€500.
Yeah... I wouldn't go with the MA series either. Just MGs with some random tubes slapped in there. How about you follow the link I posted and give us some info to use so that we can recommend stuff for you? That would be a lot quicker.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Quote by liampje
I'm boosting the amps overdrive with a distortion.
But anyways is the Marshall MA50C any good?
The reason I chose combo now is because it has 2 speakers and saves me €400-€500.

I've got no experience with the MA50, probably better than the MG just because its hard to be too much worse than the MG. Also , using a boost into a solid state amp is generally a bad idea because it dosn't drive them very well and you'll get a horrible muddy mess of sound.
Quote by Blick71
Yeah... I wouldn't go with the MA series either. Just MGs with some random tubes slapped in there. How about you follow the link I posted and give us some info to use so that we can recommend stuff for you? That would be a lot quicker.

Ill open a new topic.
Not necessary. Just post here.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
100w of crushing tone.....nough said
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED