Hey guys, i have a Gibson 335 copy by some no name guitar manufacturer. It plays great unplugged but i need to switch the pickups and rewire it which is no big deal, but i was wondering what pickups should i buy? Im looking for that classic 50's sound that sounds like Chuck Berry or anything like that. I would love to keep it not too much over $100 since this is not my main guitar but tell me what you guys think would sound the best in this!

Thanks a lot!
Quote by jordantm
Hey guys, i have a Gibson 335 copy by some no name guitar manufacturer. It plays great unplugged but i need to switch the pickups and rewire it which is no big deal, but i was wondering what pickups should i buy? Im looking for that classic 50's sound that sounds like Chuck Berry or anything like that. I would love to keep it not too much over $100 since this is not my main guitar but tell me what you guys think would sound the best in this!

Thanks a lot!

Does.

Not.

Compute.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
If you want to save some cash and still up grade look in to GFS pickups. Some of there pickups are very good the set shouldn't cost as much as one seymour/dimarzio does.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Does.

Not.

Compute.

Yeah, no kidding. Biggest pain in the ass ever. I'm never swapping stuff out on a semihollow body ever again.
I like Duncan antiquities.... but they're a tad out of your price range. I'm not sure what you could really buy otuside of Toneriders or GFS pickups.