Can you assign presets to the 2 button foot switch like you can the 4 button instead of using it just to change channels? If im correct to assume not, anyone know how to modify it to do so? I know its only like 60 bucks for the 4 button switch, but hey, why not.
I'm just glad that I didn't have to be the guy to tell you that you need a new amp.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
Sigh. Sorry they aren't being very nice TS, but those are the only kind of responses you can expect to find in this situation. In this instance google will probably help you out more than GG&A.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by JStraitiff
just mind your own damn business. It is a good amp.

I completely agree with you. The Marshall MG makes great firewood.
Quote by CL/\SH
Sigh. Sorry they aren't being very nice TS, but those are the only kind of responses you can expect to find in this situation. In this instance google will probably help you out more than GG&A.

I should have come to expect this on any forum. I must have let my guard down thinking that musicians would be modest. Naturally the ones throwing stones are the ones who have expensive gear yet no skill.
What you really need is a new amp!
Quote by JStraitiff
I should have come to expect this on any forum. I must have let my guard down thinking that musicians would be modest. Naturally the ones throwing stones are the ones who have expensive gear yet no skill.

Nope. My head actually cost less then a new mg no joke but ya soz sorry still no skill Wheres yer clips? I wanna hear your skills
Quote by gurg06
is this the newer MG series you're talking about??

Yes. But i dont think the footswitch has been changed. There is the one that comes with the amps (at least the head i have) which has 2 buttons, which change the clean/crunch OD1/OD2 channels only. Then there is a 4 button switch that will let you switch between a variety of presets as well as assign specific functions to each button. Im looking to have that functionality with the 2 button footswitch. I recall that the settings are saved in the amp itself.
Quote by JStraitiff
Yes. But i dont think the footswitch has been changed. There is the one that comes with the amps (at least the head i have) which has 2 buttons, which change the clean/crunch OD1/OD2 channels only. Then there is a 4 button switch that will let you switch between a variety of presets as well as assign specific functions to each button. Im looking to have that functionality with the 2 button footswitch. I recall that the settings are saved in the amp itself.

Why not just get the 4 button switch? If the 2 button switch only does channel switching, then that's what it was made to do. I highly doubt you can mod it to do the same thing as the 4 button.

The 4 button switch won't cost you much anyways. (I think)
Yeah, it has some pretty sick fizz tones as well.

EDIT:

Quote by JStraitiff

Good gear is not necessarily expensive.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at May 2, 2011,
what you really need is a 6505...

...TS i wouldn't advise getting wound up about all the new amp suggestions - it only encourages people
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at May 2, 2011,
Ohh yea i own expensive gear and i can riff and shred your ass off
you need new set of ears
tonedeaf
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
^dude, nearly every post by you that I've seen involves some sort of aggression towards other users.

TS, No, you can't mod it. The two-button switch is for Clean/Dirty Channel switch and FX on/off iirc. You can't mod that to do different things, because of the way the relays inside the amp are connected. Long story short, you'll need to buy the 4 button footswitch, it's a moneymaking scheme by Marshall, but unfortunately its the only solution. Hope that helps
Quote by Dan_5893
...it's a moneymaking scheme by Marshall...:

This pretty much describes the MG series as a whole. Cheap-shit practice amps made with the Marshall logo stamped on them, so when the 13 year old AC/DC fanboy sees "Marshall Halfstack...$599" he begs and pleads his parents to buy him one for Christmas thinking he's getting something amazing when instead he's getting some rebranded oversized practice amp. Of course, he'll still be able to show off to his friends because he owns a "Marshall Halfstack."
I've had the two button one and if I'm not mistaken, it's just a pretty standard footswitch like any other. I doubt you could mod it for assigning presets.
Quote by Dan_5893
^dude, nearly every post by you that I've seen involves some sort of aggression towards other users.

TS, No, you can't mod it. The two-button switch is for Clean/Dirty Channel switch and FX on/off iirc. You can't mod that to do different things, because of the way the relays inside the amp are connected. Long story short, you'll need to buy the 4 button footswitch, it's a moneymaking scheme by Marshall, but unfortunately its the only solution. Hope that helps

Amen.
Quote by deepsal
Ohh yea i own expensive gear and i can riff and shred your ass off
you need new set of ears
tonedeaf

If you have to spam up the place, can you at least be funny? It's really hard to put up with you at this point.
Quote by Dan_5893

Cool. Sounds good. i dont think im going to bother with it. I dont necessarily need it at the moment. At least not 60 bucks need it. There are things id rather spend on.
OK, the TS asked a simple question, not whether you like his amp or not.

To answer this question you need a schematic to determine what the footswitch actually does inside the amp and how many conductors it has. If it just connects a pin of a microcontroller or some other electronics to ground, then maybe a 2-button footswitch would work, but you would be able to control 2 functions from those that the 4-button footswitch would control. You may need to do some soldering on the cable from the footswitch to make sure it doesn't interact with the other 2 inputs. That said, I'm not familiar with your particular amp, but that would be my approach if I was in your situation. Probably the best solution would be to just buy the 4 button footswitch.
Please view my first ever recording on my profile - Tangerine by Led Zeppelin

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez EW20ASE acoustic

Amp:
Peavey XXX EFX 40
Last edited by Mishakuz at May 4, 2011,