Ive written a few songs (four or five complete with lyrics and about 5 more with complete music no lyrics yet) and I start off liking them, but as time passes I lose interest in them. Its not to say I dont like them but I like other peoples music considerably better. I dont know if this is normal because when I imagine how some of the people in bands I like feel about thier music, I always kind of imagine that they like it alot. Comments?
Try to pronouce my last name...
comments yes, first of all if your losing interest in your songs so quickly that means your songs dont suit your style. your songs should make you go like this jk everyone loses interests in their songs at one point (far as I know anyway) and dont worry if you wrote your songs their is no reason to not like them
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
I feel like this a lot. And it's not because they "don't suit my style", I have a pretty specific, pretty mellow style that I really like. It's because I'll play the hell out of two or three songs I wrote and then, like any other song that you play the hell out of, I'll eventually get bored of them. BUT whenever I come back to stuff it always feels new and fresh and as exciting as it was when I wrote it. So I'm gonna say to take a break from whatever you've written to focus on something else and come back to it later. Also, when you take short breaks from your music and discover someone else's, normally you find things that you like that you incorporate into your own.
ty for the answers another question, should I be concerned that I just cant write a happy song to save my life? haha. whenever i attempt writing a happy song it slowly morphs itself into a depressing song
Try to pronouce my last name...
Quote by Shawnzy
ty for the answers another question, should I be concerned that I just cant write a happy song to save my life? haha. whenever i attempt writing a happy song it slowly morphs itself into a depressing song

This happens to me often. I posted two sets of song lyrics here, Fear and Paranoid. They both started out as songs where their characters overcome... But Fear eventually turned into a song about facing oblivion and trying to conceptualize the end, and Paranoid became... Well, a song about a prisoner. I don't think it's a problem, I mean, that's what bandmates are for, right?