I cant seem to find any reviews or stuff of that nature, so i was wondering if any of you had any personal experience with the Randall RT50c and what your opinion on it is.

Thanks!
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
Last edited by VintageAmigo at May 1, 2011,
Well, I find it's not necessarily a bad amp, though sometimes it's not quite my style.

It's a heavy amp, very suited for downtuning. The tone knobs don't really do much; very narrow range with very limited tweakability. The two gain channels differ slightly, and the clean volume is quite a bit lower than the distorted volume (only achieving unity gain if you swap some of the AX7s for an AU7).

It feels muddy, and isn't really nice and tight for any sort of technical metal; would work well for general low riffing though (think Amon Amarth), though I've not tried a baritone guitar through it. An external EQ REALLY opens the amp up though. The clean channel is nice and bright, and can easily be tamed with a tone knob.

The speaker might do from a swap, but I've heard the amp through a V30 cab and didn't really hear much of a difference.

Still, it's not bad. My honeymoon period is long since over, so I can say what I feel about the amp. I've had it for 2-3 years, and ultimately hope to swap it out for something else. But hey, your mileage may vary.

What're you looking to do with it?
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
im just looking for a really versatile amp that can play REALLY good cleans and gains.

I've been looking heavily into the Blackstar HT-60 Soloist and several other amps (like the Carvin V3m, Hughes and Kettner TubeMeister 18) but to no avail

EDIT: I've also been looking into stuff like Egnater (Tweakers mostly) and some used stuff

i have a budget of roughly 900$ or so, if that helps
Rig:
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
Last edited by VintageAmigo at May 2, 2011,
Stop making threads.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
how about you go and play nicely with Will Ferrall or something, since he basically makes your career....

on a serious note, ya im talking about the RT, not the RG
Rig:
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-