Alright, so i broke the trem arm of my strat knockoff a while back, called my local guitar store and the recommended I buy a new trem. Fair enough, I bought the model that comes standard on standards strats. Fit perfectly, worked great. After some time I did a little repainting of the guitar, and am very happy with it. No issues EXCEPT now when I use the Whammy (only down, not up) there is a tearing/crunching sound coming from below the trem. What is causing this? is it the springs? Could I be damaging the wood underneath? anyone else have any exp with this kind of problem? Sound is like sticking a knifetip in a board and wiggling back and forth, sorta like a compression crack...its doesnt sound good..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Yes its possible, but for a diffferent look I didnt exc\actly paint it..I used a woodstain...so i doubt its that..any other ideas?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Have you brought it to a guitar store to be looked at? If not that could help. Who knows. It sounds like there is something under the trem that when you whammy down it is being "crunched" therefore resulting in the sound you are hearing, but I could be wrong and it could be something else. Your best bet would probably be to bring it to a guitar store and get their opinion and get it looked at.
First question I have is how old are the strings. I had old strings on my Fender and this happened for a short time until my low E string unwound. Could be the springs. I would have it checked if I were you.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
it's probably the strings sliding on the saddles?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan