so my neck pickup on my epi lp isnt working, which means the middle selector doesnt work well either. i swapped out the pickups, and its still like that. is the Pot the problem? and would a simple swap like that fix it?
thanks for your help
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
you probably didnt solder it right? what other explanation would there be if it worked before?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
well it always worked, then just stopped working. my friend looked it over(it was his major) and he didnt think so. its weird it worked and i put it down for idk how long and then it wasnt working. i know how to solder, the other pickup i put in works just fine.

i mean its still completely possible but i dont think so haha
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
well thats most likely the problem, unless youve induced trauma to your selector

the wiring's probably just wacked, check out the seymour duncan wiring diagrams, im sure theyll have what you need
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
yea ive seen the 2 humbuckers 2 vol 2tone and its just the way i did it. like i said it was fine(never even opened it up) and then it just stopped. so idk what to do but change the selector(the actual part of the toggle that you adjust is broken off anyway)
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
2 questions,

1. why didn't you check the wiring right away? lots of guitars use cheaper/ crappier wires in them to bring the price down (especially the cheaper guitars), sometimes these problems are simply changing out those wires. this happened with my BC Rich mocking bird and my Ibanez AX7, both of them, once I changed out the wires and fixed the soldering they worked fine.

2. If your toggle switch is broken, and you were going to open up your guitar anyway, why didn't you just replace that while you were at it? honestly it just seems logical to me...
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
you said you swapped the pickups in your first post dude..I dont even know
- Carl Sagan
What pickups are they?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i moved the bridge pickup to the neck, and my deans dimebag pup to the bridge. i didnt change the toggle YET. i opened it up once the problem started obviously. its that the thing was never opened up UNTIL it happened. also i didnt get the chance to get a new toggle switch yet.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Yea, after I replace that I won't have Any idea what'd wrong at all. That's today's job
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Can you describe what it's doing? Is it not working, at all?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If it's pretty old, I would say just have it tested with a dc meter, see if it's just dead or there's a short
- Carl Sagan
alright its definitely the pot. i just replaced the toggle, and the pot only works for like this "sweet spot" aroun like 4-5 (on the nob) thats the best i can say though. idk about anything else
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
aaah, I never noticed it was an LP, a dedicated volume pot would have been my first guess in that case
- Carl Sagan
would any pot work? i noticed they look much larger than the pots in other guitars i have
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
would any pot work? i noticed they look much larger than the pots in other guitars i have

The size of the actual pot doesn't matter, but the shaft diameter and length does.

Unfortunately (and I don't know why), most pots I see for sale don't include the diameter of length of the shaft. I had to replace my Ibanez's pots through trial and error. =/ Sucked.

Maybe someone knows of a site that sells them with dimensions.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
the size differs on guitars, but i would just order a pot from guitarfetish they have 250k and 500k, unless you can find one in a radioshack or something
- Carl Sagan
What did you mean by dedicated volume pot? Are we sure that it's the neck volume pot or could it be something else that I'm just not aware of?'could I swaP out a pot from a guitar that I don't use ? I'm pretty sure it's 500k
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify