Page 1 of 2
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/nuclear-hellstorm-if-bin-laden-caught-911-mastermind/story-e6freonf-1226044724298

I suppose the above isn't the best source, but what are your thoughts on this?

Now that Bin Laden's dead, I can't help but feel something's going to happen.
I'm going to see Alter Bridge tonight in Chicago. Gotta admit, part of me is wondering if anything is gonna happen, since it is a major city. But then again, every time I go to Chicago I come back thinking "boy do I hate people". So maybe the band won't be my only entertainment for the night. Not that I want anything bad to happen to AB.
Last edited by Ghostmaker at May 2, 2011,
Australia will be fine, until the nuclear fallout carries over to us in a couple years...

And in that case, I'm fixing my Pipboy up.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
And in that case, I'm fixing my Pipboy up.

I think it's worrying how much of my plan for surviving a nuclear fallout relates back to that game.
I am willing to turn into a brain-eating zombie
Sure kicks ass^^
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Well if they had a bomb, then why havent they detonated it before? if seems stupid to wait until you are dead? This is just american media doing what they do best: spread fear through fiction, not fact
Dutc tape solves all up to equations of 4. degree

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
RG1527 w/ Dimarzio X2n-7 and Evo-7
Kramer Voyager
Ltd JH-600 w/ 2 emg 81, floyd rose and S and key inlays
Fender Classic 50 strat
Quote by Roopelatvalafan
Well if they had a bomb, then why havent they detonated it before? if seems stupid to wait until you are dead? This is just american media doing what they do best: spread fear through fiction, not fact

Similar to Assange's insurance documents I guess: it might be a bluff, but it has enough weight to be seriously regarded as a threat.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Roopelatvalafan

It's an Australian news source, and Ali posted a UK news source.
Quote by hazzmatazz
I think it's worrying how much of my plan for surviving a nuclear fallout relates back to that game.

Fucking A. My bedroom's just full of Pork'n'Beans, scrap metal, .308 ammunition and has a Tunnel Snakes jacket

I honestly do have about 5 pint glasses full of bottlecaps though

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Fucking A. My bedroom's just full of Pork'n'Beans, scrap metal, .308 ammunition and has a Tunnel Snakes jacket

Dude, I'm pretty sure if you drink enough FUIC you'll be immune to the radiation through ingestion of pure awesome.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
>America does something
>Europe ****ed for it

Makes sense

Terrorism doesn't have to make sense. Let's just hope that this is an empty threat.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Meh, probably just a bluff.

Yeah, I'm thinking bluff. Why would they care if their leader got captured? He would just be a martyr and get bitches in heaven. It's probably just a scare campaign.
Last edited by T.s.e at May 2, 2011,
Quote by KTFM
Dude, I'm pretty sure if you drink enough FUIC you'll be immune to the radiation through ingestion of pure awesome.

Shit yes, wonder if you can make it out of Brahmin milk.

Not good for a hangover though...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I think they're full of it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Even if a Nuclear bomb does get detonated, (I'm no good at this) how big would the damages be? When people say Europe, they often refer to France, and the countries that surround it. Not like they could blow up WHOLE Europe with one single bomb.

Once again, I'm no good at this, just curious
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
Even if a Nuclear bomb does get detonated, (I'm no good at this) how big would the damages be? When people say Europe, they often refer to France, and the countries that surround it. Not like they could blow up WHOLE Europe with one single bomb. Once again, I'm no good at this, just curious

Well it's the fallout rather than the initial explosion that is the concern.
You can see in this picture how widespread the radiation from the Chernobyl incident was, just to get some sense of proportion.

So that covered massive parts of europe, and this could potentially be worse, expecially if it's a Dirty Bomb.
Up The Boro!
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I've already been talking about this on facebook, I'm just copy/pasting what I've already said on here, so if it sounds like I'm responding to a point no one has made that's why.

-people panicking about retaliation-

Me: Well everything that's been said including what I'm about to say is speculation, but I doubt that there's going to be much of a retaliation. Osama was the so called "mastermind" or plotter of the attacks, and being the leader of the organisation any reactionary attacks will be emotionally charged (thus lack of control) and hastily planned out.

People exaggerate the power of terrorists. While the concept may be scary all they really achieve is the occasional carrying out of suicide attacks on groups of unsuspecting civilians, most of which fail before they're even attempted.

Obama said in his speech he authorised the hunting down of Osama because he was the head of the organisation, and I think that's reasonable.

Guy 1: theres still thousands of the nutcases that want to step up into his place though, and there definatly gonna do something

Guy 2: I don't mind that he is head but none of this would over eve happen if America were not a greedy nation

Me: @ Guy 1. Well thousands might be pushing it, but there are definitely many people who will want to step into his position. As I already explained though, if they're stupid enough to try something and it actually works, the affect on the world scale will be practically nil. 9/11 was only such a massive success by mistake, they never actually planned for the towers to collapse.

@ Guy 2. Ehhh, it's a bit more convoluted than that, responding to the statement "America is a greedy nation". I'm the last guy to support the invasions into the Middle East but that's largely the responsibility of select politicians and not America as a whole. There are plenty of people in America who find these actions abhorrent and even more who are completely ignorant of them, much like any other country.
But yeah, through his nationalistic perception he thought he was doing the right thing. No one is knowingly evil, actions of the individual are always justified inside the individuals head. I wouldn't say that everything would have been peachy had America never bombed the Middle East, it's more along the lines of diverse individuals from different cultures clashing into one anothers beliefs and perceptions.

Sorry for the laziness but I felt like contributing and I'm reeeeeeeeally tired right now.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by xhisor
This map shows the damage from different bombs:
http://www.carloslabs.com/projects/200712B/GroundZero.html

and i have to say that this creeps me the **** out!

Wow, that is some pretty scary stuff. Even the smallest bomb on the list will destroy a huge area in the Newcastle if it was to nuke here.

Edit: And the largest bomb...The radiation spread is ridiculous!

Last edited by AdamDK at May 2, 2011,
So wait, Al-Qieda have a nuclear bomb and just decided not to use it all along. If they had a bomb they would use it immediately after getting it. They won't sit on their hands for 5 years.
^ The problem I have with your initial statement is that it is widely believed that, for the last few years, bin Laden was more a figurehead, whilst Ayman al-Zawahiri was the operational head and leader of al-Qaeda. I don't think a retaliatory attack will be as crippled due to emotional charge if it's masterminded by al-Zawahiri.
Bring it on, Qaida
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^ The problem I have with your initial statement is that it is widely believed that, for the last few years, bin Laden was more a figurehead, whilst Ayman al-Zawahiri was the operational head and leader of al-Qaeda. I don't think a retaliatory attack will be as crippled due to emotional charge if it's masterminded by al-Zawahiri.

Ah, fair enough then. Still, I doubt that there's going to be any significant attack, as I don't think they're resourceful or competent enough.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
They must be bluffing. Only an idiot would go through the trouble to smuggle a nuclear bomb and then wait to get caught with it until their leader dies.

Maybe they are that stupid.
Quote by Cloaca
Don't forget his mate Al.

That's his first name
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
Even if a Nuclear bomb does get detonated, (I'm no good at this) how big would the damages be? When people say Europe, they often refer to France, and the countries that surround it. Not like they could blow up WHOLE Europe with one single bomb.

Once again, I'm no good at this, just curious

Not sure if serious
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I just put the heaviest one (140 kt) on Dubai, and it gave me absolutely no satisfaction

SO!

I put the asteroid impact option...

...and ended up taking out Africa, Asia and Europe

the heaviest one is the Tzar Bomba at 50 Megatons.
Quote by Rocker_69
Ah, fair enough then. Still, I doubt that there's going to be any significant attack, as I don't think they're resourceful or competent enough.

I was in London on 7/7. If I missed the train I got, I would have been on one of the bombed ones. You tend to think more cautiously when you've been that close, and that day they proved how resourceful and competent they can be.
Page 1 of 2