hi there!

i've heard a lot of good stuff about Charvel necks and i was wondering if anybody here played one of the newer MIJ models and could tell a little about it (looking at the Wildcard 5 MCB). How are they compared to standart MIA Fender Strats? I'm playing an Ibanez Prestige atm and was looking at something a little "thicker" but not too thick and im really curious about that "compound radius" thing.

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Fender 62 Am. Vint. Strat
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
The neck and heel of a Charvel will not fit the neck joint of an Ibanez. Different shape/bolt pattern.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
The neck and heel of a Charvel will not fit the neck joint of an Ibanez. Different shape/bolt pattern.

ah i see... hmmm too bad i guess :C would have been nice to be able to switch out necks...

but how are they in general? i seem to be unable to find a spec sheet telling me how thick the neck is at the nut/end.

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
this is about compound radius, no easier way to understand it.
as for spec sheet, charvel website gots it man. looky looky http://charvel.com/pdf/promods/Charvel-WildCard.pdf

that said, i have myself a '09 production san dimas and played a pro mod san dimas and couldn't feel a difference in the neck. both are just really nice and i absolutely hate neck that are thin. for example i can't play an ibanez RG doesn't feel right to me.
Quote by wolvenrick
this is about compound radius, no easier way to understand it.
as for spec sheet, charvel website gots it man. looky looky http://charvel.com/pdf/promods/Charvel-WildCard.pdf

that said, i have myself a '09 production san dimas and played a pro mod san dimas and couldn't feel a difference in the neck. both are just really nice and i absolutely hate neck that are thin. for example i can't play an ibanez RG doesn't feel right to me.

did you forget the link about compound radius?

thanks for the other info though! really helps a lot, might go and tell my local store to order one for testing. too bad i cant buy one atm as i just bought a new amp >,<

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
Quote by wolvenrick
http://garypenton.com/images/360_F4compound.jpg

dumb me i copied but no paste xD.

charvels are definitly worth the save i can tell you that now =)

thanks so much! cant wait to get my hands on one ^^

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100